is this big enough for both of them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragynflye

Reaction score
my husband brought home a nice, big piece of wood to use as the base of rue's cage. it's almost perfectly sized for a 3x3 grid cage, with a shelf in one corner (made of 3 squares). square footage wise, it's a little bit smaller than rue's previous setup, which was 2 squares by 7 squares. will it be big enough for both rue and nut puppet after they're bonded? right now, they are each out of their cages for half of the day, so once they are living together, the cage door will probably only be shut at night. if both buns were small like rue, i probably wouldn't be worried, but nut puppet's HUGE, and getting bigger!

Nope, I would say at least 5x5 grid cage for the pair, considering the flemmie factor.

IMO, an even better setup would be to leave them in a run as large as possible, then build the cage when Nut Puppet is fully grown (1 year).
Would save you the cost and labour, especially when you can't predict how big he's going to get!

(Feel free to post pictures of your setup - folks will be better able to offer an opinion that way :) )

i'll get up some pics tomorrow. right now, puppet's in the big cage, and rue's in the kennel. they each get about eight hours a day of free range. once they are bonded and can move in together, i can get the kennel out of the way and make the cage bigger. also, once they are bonded and can be out at the same time, they'll only be confined at night.

here are some pictures. it's about 45"x45". i'd love to make the shelf bigger, but i am out of the grids with small squares. i used the grids with the big squares across the top, where the buns aren't in danger of sticking their heads through, but grids with small squares around the shelf.

022 by dragyn_flye, on Flickr

025 by dragyn_flye, on Flickr

014 by dragyn_flye, on Flickr

Back