Is this a Joke?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
I look for funny pictures and video clips to showwhen I'm presenting. I like to lighten up the mood a bit. Lookingthrough some pictures, I found this one. Do you really think they havethese things? The characters look Korean, but I'm not 100% sure if theyare.

Ihope it's a joke. Poor bunnies would never get a good home if it isnt.How you gonna picke em up with that crane? They'd wiggle their way free.

Lanna

It's rather disturbing and I would not besurprised if it's the real deal. You'll find that allcountries aren't on the "same page" with the US in all aspects ofanimal welfare. In countries like these, young children arecommonly protestuted -- so no suprise that they'd put bunnies in acarnival game. It also appears that a couple of the poorcreatures may be dead. The ventilation is nil -- and it looksrather hot. Remember the story a while ago where a smallchild crawled into one of those?

What other "odd and unusual" rabbit related photos can we come up with?

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THE POORBUNNIES!!! WHY WOULD SOMEONE PULL THE BUNNIES BY THE EARS LIKE THATSOOO HARD!!!:XTHAT WOULD HURT SOOO MUCH!! Wouldn't it damagethe bunnies ears!? Does it hurt the bunnies??? I would NEVER do that toa rabbit. I hope the picture is a joke ElfMommy:(:XPoorbunnies:(

Cassandra

That is so incredibly sad. :(:X This sort of isbad...but maybe those rabbits that she's holding are dead. I mean, theydon't seem to mind being held like that, and I'm not sure there's anyrabbit that would be okay with that treatment. Grrr.:X:X:X:X

NightPoet00 wrote:
That is so incredibly sad. :(:X This sort of is bad...butmaybe those rabbits that she's holding are dead. I mean, they don'tseem to mind being held like that, and I'm not sure there's any rabbitthat would be okay with that treatment. Grrr.:X:X:X:X

The rabbits are alive. The ears can be an incrediblyeffective form of restraint -- hence the "ear twitch" commonly used torestrain horses.

Pam

this issomethingcompletly different, but it is about the cruelty ofanimals(rabbits) Have any of you ever heard ofNathaliaEdenomont? well if not, Im sure she willget your blood boiling!! Heres a little bit about her, thisis posted on the art gallerys website

Is it permissible to kill animals in the name of art?

Most people who see Nathalia's pictures for the first time areimpressed by how beautiful they are. It takes a few seconds before youstart to wonder how they have been made. A photo-montage? Some kind ofdigital manipulation? When you look closer, there is something slightlydistorted in the rabbit's expression. Something slightly abnormal aboutthe face of the cat. Slowly you realise that the animal is dead, thatthe animal has died for the sake of the picture. Is this acceptable?

One can, of course, choose to think that it is always wrong to killanimals in the name of art. That nothing can defend Nathalia Edenmont.But if you feel more doubtful, we would very much like to explainNathalia's reasoning, and how we at Wetterling Gallery argue when weexhibit her art.

Art arouses thoughts and poses questions that are necessary. Nathalia'sbeautiful pictures are frightening in the same way that many otherbeautiful things hide some sort of suffering. One can enjoy beautifulexteriors, or one can go beneath the surface and find things thatperhaps you do not want to know about. If Nathalia's pictures had beenrepugnant, it would have been easy to reject them. But now they are sobeautiful - and the insight into the reality behind them gives rise tothoughts about people's shallowness and double standards. Many of useat meat, wear leather or use make-up that has been tested on animals,without this arousing especially strong reactions. But when a pictureshows a dead rabbit, all [censored] breaks loose.

Nathalia grew up in the former Soviet Union, and she has a razor sharpeye for paradoxes and gaps in our western morals. She is not the firstto use dead animals in her works of art - that has been done at leastsince the 1700s, but she is a contemporary debater who provokesquestions which nowadays everyone should ask themselves. Her picturestell lies in front of our faces, but they are not alone in this - thelies exist all around us every day, without us questioning them.

There is nothing illegal in Nathalia's art. She has killed the animalsin as humane a way as possible. Has she been guilty of a moral crime?We do not think so. We think that art is of vital importance. What doyou think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Their email is: [email protected]"

This is horrible! normally i would never encourage a protest oranything like that but this is soooo bad! there is a petition you cansign to Help stop Murder in the name of Art!
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/853089392

http://www.wetterlinggallery.com/archive/nathalia/nathalia_main.htm

thats the pictures of her "art"

I find her work rather disturbing. Thecat was bad enough, then I saw thelittle finger puppet mice,but the white rabbit just broke my heart. Those who wish toview one of the rabbit pieces and the little micemay look tothe following link (mid-page), but be forewarned, it is notpleasanthttp://www.recirca.com/artnews/218.shtml

I would like to know what people think of the pieces of similar "art"common in many homes -- the mounted deerhead, fish mount,etc. We see this all the time, and are not horribly disturbedby it, yet find Nathalia's art repulsive. Why?Curious to hear some thoughts on this. . .

Pam

I personally find mounted deer heads and such tobe distasteful. My dad hunts, and I do not have a problem with hunting.But his objective with hunting is to harvest meat our family can use,not to get a "trophy buck". I think to kill any animal, humane or not,with the intent to display that animal's corpse is disrespectful andmorally culpable.

Here are a couple comments from the CIRCA art forum . . .

Quite a thought provoking discussionhttp://www.recirca.com/artnews/218.shtml

"I don't pretend to understand it, so it is hard for me to condemn it.However, being an animal activist, I am saddened by the images, andfind it difficult to look at the animals eyes. "

"She should give the animals a break and put her own head on a platter for display."

"Is it any more disgusting that Edenmont has inserted her fingers intothe skins of dead mice, than it is that people slide their feet intothe hides of cows or snakes or horses? The mice finger pieces are nomore repulsive than kidskin gloves. "

"Miss Edenmont has lost touch with the sanctity of life. "

"I believe the purpose of her art is to expose the double standards,not only in our ways of thinking, but in our actions as well. Only in asociety that was completely vegan with no testing done on animals, canwe truly condemn a woman for the way she expresses her emotions. "

Interesting quotes...to an extent, I see themotive to truly reveal the double-standard we as a society hold inregards to our treatment of animals. But I don't see her work as muchmore than mere shock value, and certainly very distasteful.

Pam, I went to the website with the two photos ofher artwork. I am utterly disgusted. This woman has absolutely norespect for other living creatures. Just because her work is touted as"art" doesn't make it right. Murder is murder, no matter what the guise.

Latest posts

Back