is this a good idea guys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
Rabbit Cages cost alot of money thatme,only being only 17 I dont have. So I bunny proofed my closet. Then Iput both of the cages I have one inside the closet and one outside ofit.So the girls have both cages 2 food bowls 1 salad and snack bowl and2 water bottles a card borad box and a ton of room to run in. Oh and 2litter boxes But they cant get out! Is this alright for them? thebottom of my closet isnt carpet its tile and there both potty trained.what do you guys think.

The reason for this is becasue im NEVER home any more so they dont getto run around.Now they can run when im not home and when i get herestill go outside

As long as they get along, you should befine. You could try making a cage with NIC squares (a cavycage). They end up being much cheaper then an already madecage and aren't hard to make at all.

Jen

yeah I was going to try doing that when i getsome money saved up and actually have time.Im toooo busy with school atthe moment.Yeah they get along GREAT never had 1 prombem so far * knockon wood* lol.So for the time being what I did is alright i takeit?:cool:

yeah, it took me only about 2 hours to assemble my NIC cage. But I think your idea is fine too.

I think you should be fine, just watch if you have base boards, they might chew them. You could take them out though.

Jen

Yeah I was thinking about that.But I made itwear theey cant get to them lol.I was going to let them have free runof my room.But there is always kids under 9 years old here and we have8 cats.So the kids would end up letting them into my room.And besidethumper has a tendacy of getting in bed with me and nipping my feet andpeeing on my pillow!!:mad:

I would say that sounds good as long as you keepthe door open. Maybe get one of those fences you can put upfor babies...don't know what they're called.

a Baby gate methinks ^_^ but id uggesta metal one, but again, she has the cat problem so they could jump overit... i say get a small desk fan and keep it high up, nail it or hangit with wire so they cant get the cord and plug it in outside yourdoor, if you dont have a plug near on in the closet get an extensioncord, theyre like 5 bucks at wallmart ^_^ thatll keep airflow good, andtheyll have a great place to run around ^_^AWSOME idea

YesI have a fan onthem.Running on low becasue that fan gets COLD lol.They cant get outunless they figure out how to move there box and jump over but i knowbunnies there smart but if they get out of there house i made them thenthey will still be in my closed bedroom door.So when i leave the lockthe door so no one can open it without a key that only I have.And atnight There both locked in there orginal cage,Just incase they figureout how to get out and jump on my bed i dont want thumps peeing on melol

Latest posts

Back