Is this a dutch?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwigbunny

Reaction score
This is the last rabbit left I need to find a home for. I believe she is a dutch, is that correct?

She has not had much handling so she was not cooperative with posing, but can you tell me if she would be any good as a brood or show rabbit? I'm trying to find the best way possible to rehome her.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20892581@N04/6043690007/

Yes, that's a dutch. She'd be a pet only though as her marking are wrong. The shouldn't extend over her shoulders and she should have a white nose and whisker area.

yes she looks like a dutch but not a show quality i wouldnt breed her but u could maybe get a few good kits if she breed with a super good dutch but its not likly

She is a gray dutch and i would say by looking at this picture and then messing around with my dutch buck that i have left I would say she's probably lacking in loin, weaker hindquarters. Her head looks snipey but that could jsut be the way she's laying. You could consider her brood stock, she'd need a buck with a better loin and hinquarter, but she's something I'd pet out if she popped up in my litter. Markings aren't as much as brood stock. I've had two badly marked tort dutchies produce the most gorgeous litters, so her markings only make her non-showable. I've learned with the dutch that the best marked don't tend to reproduce the best marked off spring. When I retired does off the show table, they got bred with a mismarked buck typically for the best possible offspring.

Latest posts

Back