Is there fur floating around YOUR house?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweedBunny

Reaction score
I have fur floating all over my house! Its stuckto the fan blades, it rolls across the tile floor, on the pillows, onthe milk carton....

I vacuum and dust ALL them time! Camo looses a LOT of fur. I brush him,pluck him, lint roll him.... but still .... FUR EVERYWHERE! Luckily Imnot allergic.

Does anyone else have this problem? How do you keep control on the floating fur?!

Yep...we've got floating fur, too...and fur thatgets stuck between the cage bars and the wire mesh we have around theoutside of the cages. It's a tad annoying. I haveto clean those spaces out ALL THE TIME. :?

Yeah, it's molting season here. One byone, all my rabbits are blowing their coats and it's goingeverywhere. I just keep cleaning and brushing and plucking,and wait for them to stop molting.

Leslie, rabbits should not shed heavily all year round. Ifthey do, it's often from a diet issue. Mine go throughseveral molts a year but barely shed at all the rest of the time.

Yup! Shedding season is here...or maybe it never left...;)

Our 5 have been shedding in turns so it seems like there is alwayssomeone shedding! Add to that we have 5 cats aswell! All we do is vacuum everyother day...make sure we groomthem regularly(this gets the fur before it can spread all over theplace) and dust. What I would love to do (hubby vetoedit:()...is open all the windows in the spring...take off all thescreens...bring in the leaf blower...heh heh heh...you get the idea!!:D

Mostly the best thing to do to cut down the fur is clean clean clean and groom!:)

I have an issue with that, too, but now I have alargeair purifier in the living room and small ones in thebedrooms andthey help A LOT.

I use the ones with carbon and HEPA filters, not the ionicones. The amount of fur on the carbon (outside) filter isunbelievable. I vacuum it off every couple of weeks and ithelps the filters to last a lot longer.

I'm thinking of getting one of those Air Purifiers.

We have a lot of fur floating around too - it's become better becausemy 2 blew their coats a few weeks ago. I had to go out andbuy a vacuum. I have all hardwood floors, but the broom wasjust NOT getting all the hair, so now I vacuum my floors. I could NOTbelieve how much fur it picked up.

*GAG*

________
Nadia

My guy's are FINALLY done shedding their fur all over....they just shed a tiny bit now...thank god!

- Amy

Pebble has started, but Ebony hasn't.

I hate Pebble's moult!!I go to school covered in white fur,lord know what people are thinking !!!:shock: And my mouth is full ofit too! Not to mention the house, til they're finished mum's said therein the kitchen only..:?

Kitchen only? Won't you have rabbit fur in your food:tongutwo:?

- Amy

Rex fur is just a bit shorter , but the moultisn't nearly as bad...at least Berri's wasn't, especially compared toPebble:shock::shock::shock:lol

Well, it doesn't come out in clumps at all, likeother buns. It's very fine too, so it's like a million littlefine hairs. I think it's better that way:D. It'sfunny when Snuffles is shedding, his hair sticks to her hair when wehad them outside for a brushing last shed. The poor girl keptgetting his hair stuck to her face.

Michaela wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
Kitchenonly? Won't you have rabbit fur in your food:tongutwo:?

- Amy
:lolGuess she never thought of that, I will have to tell her:D
That's exactly what I was thinking. My buns are justoutside my kitchen and you should see the top of therefrigerator:shock:. Hair also gets stuck on the stove.

naturestee- my bun doesn't always shed heavily, that happens about every three month.

i doubt that it's a dietary issue i switched him to the kaytee completeyou recomended 1/4 cup a day two weeks ago, he get inlimited timothyhay, fresh greens 1-2cups and a little fruit as a treat 1tpsn in themorning and at night.

he is always shedding a little. he always seem tohave the line of were new fur has come in and old fur is leaving allthe time.... do you know what i'm talking about?

I don't think there's anything wrong...Flowerand Trixie shed that much (Maisie doesn't shed at all, itseems). I have to pluck tufts of fur from their cageseveryday, and they have fur stuck on the pegboard of theirlevels. I have to pet them with damp hands to help out almostevery day. It's shedding season...

bluebird wrote:
I think with two bunniesyou shouldnt have that bad of a problem.is he shedding all the timebecause thats not normal.bluebird

Latest posts

Back