Is there any member from the windsor area

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budgirl9

Reaction score
I am looking for a friend who loves rabbits as much as I do, I breed lion-lop bunnies and it is always nice to talk to someone who has the same interest as me.

Not in the Windsor area, or Canada lol, but you can always discuss your sweet bunnies here. Lots of people on this forum to happily talk about what they love...bunnies. And truly helpful too. Just got to ask the question.

K :)

Hi, I live in Windsor. I do not post on here very often but I do like reading about other peoples bunnies. I do not know any other "bunny people" in Windsor so it would be nice to get to know someone.

Hello, i am glad i found somebody from windsor who loves rabbits how many rabbits do you have? I have 3 one is a lion head and the other 2 are holland lops. i am waiting to get my fourth rabbit which will be a mini rex. can i add you to my friend list.

Sorry, have not been on here in a long time, been busy. I have three bunnies. They are mixes, one is white and looks like a polish (i think), the other looks like a dutch, and the third is white with black markings. Sure, you can add me to your friend list.

Hello, there i have just adopted another rabbit today she is a mini rex and i named her Summer. i breed Lion-Lops and i am expecting a litter week from this wednesday.

Hi, mini rexes are very cute, congratulations. Sounds like fun with the baby bunnies, I could never breed bunnies, or any pets, I would be too worried about finding good homes for them.
I have three bunnies. The boy is black and white, about 6 lbs and 7-8 years old. One girl is all white and I think a polish or a mix of one, she is around 5 years old. The other girl looks like a dutch and is around 3 years old. They are all fixed so no babies. I actually would prefer to have only one bunny. I used to have a single bun, she was a Netherlander dwarf mix, she was adorable and I had a good bond with her. The bunnies I have now are bonded to each other and do not like me at all, only the male will let me pet him a bit sometimes but the girls run if i try to touch them. They are nice to look at but that is all that I am able to do and I miss having a bunny that I can interact with. In the future I plan to just have a single pet again.

that is too bad about your bunnies not letting you pet them. when i got my first bunny his name was storm he picked me out. he helped me threw a really tough time in my life and was so friendly. i fell in love with my rabbit so i decided to get another one my holland Lop Autumn, storm and Autumn had babies. then that was it i was hooked. it is hard letting baby bunnies go to a new home because you get so attached to them. some of the bunnies parents stay in touch so i can see them grow up. i then adopted Sadie Holland Lop, and Summer my new mini rex, all my rabbits love to be held except when the are pregnant. I loss my rabbit storm in January I was so sad. but I adopted Kahlua. he is a lion-head. if you ever decide to get another rabbit let me know, i find that lion-lops are very friendly and because i hold them every day which helps them become great pets. the rabbit leave home at 5 weeks old and they bond to people much better at this age.

It was similar for me. I wanted a rabbit for a long time and we went to the humane society and adopted Hoppy, Netherlander dwarf mix. She did not like to be touched at first but over time she bonded with me. Then I had some very tough times and she was there for me and it made her that much more special. I have thought about getting a friend for her but did not actually get one till she was about six years old (that was in 2009)and she liked Clover from the start. Unfortunately Hoppy died eight months later and I was totally devastated. I went to the humane society the next day and wanted to adopt this very friendly large lop ear rabbit but I was told I could not have her because she did not get along with other rabbits (I had Clover at home). So I took the only other female rabbit they had. Lilly hates people and no matter how much I tried she never got any more tame, but her and Clover get along even though she constantly bosses him around. Then about three months later I went to a pet expo and the humane society was there and they had the cutest little dutch bunny, so I decided I must have her. They said she was a year old but she has grown a lot since I got her so I think she was under six months old. When I first got her she was tame and I was very happy with her. But I wanted to bond her with the other two and it took several weeks but they did bond, although they do fight a little every now and then. Well it was a mistake to bond her to the others because once she bonded with the other rabbits she no longer wanted anything to do with people. It was strange that she got that way and now I wish I had kept her separated from the others but it's too late. Clover was much more friendly in the beginning when he lived with Hoppy but now that he lives with two rabbits that do not want to be touched at all he has become more wild as well.
I would like to get another bunny that would be tame and friendly but that won't happen for a long time, if ever. I already have the three bunnies plus a dog, two cockatiels and a cockatoo, and my husband has fish and frogs, so we have a full house. I am hoping that once I am down to one bunny I can get it more tame, well that is if Bindi will be the last bunny because if it is Lilly I do not think she will get any more tame, Clover would but he is already 7-8 years old so not likely he will out live the other two. Bindi is a little under three years old and Lilly I am not sure how old she is but over four. My husband says that if we get another rabbit one day he wants one of those huge rabbits but I am not sure what I want.

Just wanted to add a couple things. Although I like the idea of having a friendly bunny I am not sure that I have time for one. With my other pets, kids, work and all other things I am not sure that I would be able to provide a single bunny with all the attention it needs. Also, after many years of living indoors, my rabbits now live outside, since last summer. Because they are not tame and their potty habits are terrible, even though they are spayed/neutered, I decided last year to move them out. We built a little are for them in our garden and they really like it there. I only bring them in if it gets very hot, otherwise they do fine out there and seem happy. So it is much less work having outdoor rabbits then indoor ones. Just this past week I brought them in for a day when we had that really hot day and it was crazy how much of a mess they made. I know if I would have one single bunny who was litter trained it would not be so bad but still it would be more work then now and I do not know if I have the time for it in the long run. So I am a bit undecided about the whole bunny situation, on one hand I would like a pet bunny that lives in the house and wants my attention but on the other hand I think it would be better to just stick with a pair of bunnies living in my yard where I can still enjoy looking at them without so much work and time commitment. Then sometimes I think I should just not have any bunnies but I think I would miss them. So I really do not know what exactly I want.

i am glad that you gave your bunnies a good home so many pets are brought to the humane society. I have 4 bunnies and if i had it my way i would keep some more. i live in apartment so if i kept more rabbits in my apartment it would like a rabbit hutch, i have a dog name Kasey he is a miniature dachshund he just loves the rabbits, my husband has told me no more rabbits but autumn just had babies and the are soooo cute and they are going to have nice colours i would love to keep one and that seems to be out of the question. I have always wanted to have two rabbit the get along with each other but after you told me they get wild maybe i won't. I was just wondering are you on face book?

I know that some people have bonded bunnies and they still like people but it seems that many bunnies become more interested in each other and loose at least some of the interest they had in people. I think it depends on how much time you have to spend with your bunnies, if you can spend a lot of time with a bunny then it's probably nicer having one that is bonded only to people but if you do not have so much time then the bunny might be happier being bonded to another rabbit.
I think four bunnies and a dog is enough pets, especially in a apartment:) I know how easy it is to fall in love with all the cute animals and get more and more pets. I used to have many, many pets and it did become overwhelming. I was still able to take care of them but it felt like a full time job and I was no longer enjoying it. Took many years to get down to a number that I am comfortable with and I do not want to make the same mistakes as in the past. But it's really hard and I often find myself wanting a new pet, it's a bit of an addiction, lol.
Today I made a play area for the bunnies. In the past I would let them run around the garden for some exercise but it would be really hard to get them back, it was really quite crazy so they were not coming out very often. Next to their cage/hutch there is a little fence so I fixed it so that now the area behind that fence is totally fenced off and they can't get out. I made a new door on the side of their cage so that they can go straight into the fence in area. So today they spent about three hours in the exercise area (which is about 20 feet long and 6 feet wide) and they had a good time. When it was time to go back in the cage I put their food in and Clover and Bindi went in but Lilly like usual was not cooperating but it was not too hard to get her to go back in since she had no where to hide and just ran in the cage when I walked up to her. I hope this works in the long run because its really nice for them to be able to run and play and they love it and makes it much more fun having them when you can see them having fun.
Congratulations on the new babies. I am not on face book but I will try to pm you my email address, I would love to see pictures of your bunnies.

Latest posts

Back