Is there a difference between does and bucks, when it comes to personality?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barush

Reaction score
Hi,

Me and my partner are thinking about buying a new rabbit after our previous sadly died of cancer. We had a lovely doe, that loved to be petted and was very affectionate, however the rabbit we found now and would be potentially interested in happened to be a buck, so that kinda brought us to a question if there really are differences between the sexes? We tried to search a bit online but found some conflicting answers, so that's why I thought to ask here.

We would again like to have a rabbit that is as affectionate as our old was but are there some significant differences about this when it comes to the sex? We unfortunately don't have the option to go and see the rabbit beforehand, so that's why our only option is to ask
online.

Thanks for your insights!

Hi,

Me and my partner are thinking about buying a new rabbit after our previous sadly died of cancer. We had a lovely doe, that loved to be petted and was very affectionate, however the rabbit we found now and would be potentially interested in happened to be a buck, so that kinda brought us to a question if there really are differences between the sexes? We tried to search a bit online but found some conflicting answers, so that's why I thought to ask here.

We would again like to have a rabbit that is as affectionate as our old was but are there some significant differences about this when it comes to the sex? We unfortunately don't have the option to go and see the rabbit beforehand, so that's why our only option is to ask
online.

Thanks for your insights!

In my experience it depends on their personalities! Some males are affectionate and some aren't, it's the same with females <3

Really, there shouldn't be that much of an issue when changing rabbits and looking on their personalities being related to their gender. It is more likely that the rabbit just has their own input of personality through nature and nurture. I wouldn't worry about it too much!
From my exp:
When we picked out Musti last year he was the most courageous and bold bun we'd ever met, crooking his neck at our arrival, begging to know who we were. He was the most affectionate bun i'd ever read or heard of, what a pure sweetheart. Sadly he had a horrible knee bacteria that destroyed his joint so we had to let him go. We got Storm the same day and although he too is a lop boy, he's not half as affectionate or attention-seeking as he'd rather lounge away in his hidey box than beg us for treats. And it's not his fault. It's noones fault and no bun is alike.
We're also going looking for a playmate for him soon and we're aiming for a calmer-demeanored girl(girl-boy bonds are said to be the easiest) so i surely brlieve that wether your bun is a he or a she, their personality has no relations to their gender!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back