Is that ok to adopt a new bunny girl older than Pachi?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEYZA

Reaction score
Pachi is about 4 months old. She seems like she needs a bunny friend so she will not feel lonely when she has to be alone in day-time.

We found a bunny girl to adopt, but she is about 1 year old.

Is that ok for girl-rabbit if we bring in a bigger & older she-rabbit? IsPachi going to feelgood like she has a big sister or mama or it will make her feel bad like she's not "the one" anymore?

We were thinking to adopta yourgerone so Pachi can feel like she is a big sister, but it's hard to find a young rabbit to adopt.We actually can wait if it's not going to be good for Pachi.

Thanks! :bunnydance:

Are you going to have Pachi spayed when she's old enough? This would make bonding her to a new bunny much easier. Same goes for the other bunny.

Age doesn't really matter except for the young buns. I'd be worried more about Pachi's youth than the new bunny being older than her. Pachi may be more aggressive because she is a "teenager." Have you noticed any behavioral changes in her lately? Is she more grumpy or aggressive, or suddenly very needy? Humping or lifting her tail when you pet her? Marking territory with feces or urine? I'm asking becuse I really do not recommend bonding rabbits that haven't at least hit puberty yet. Puberty can cause drastic personality changes which have been known to cause previously friendly rabbits to fight. This can be very dangerous.

Have you done much reading on bonding rabbits? I recommend you read through some of the articles in the Bunny 101 bonding thread. This will give you a better idea of what to expect and how to go about introducing Pachi to a potential friend. Most of the articles also stress spay/neuter both to prevent babies and to reduce territorial aggression.
Bunny 101: Bonding Bunnies

One of my favorite sites on bonding (it helped me a lot!)
http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

The age difference really won't make a difference. However, it would be beneficial to have both of them spayed.

Back