Is she playing with me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jama

Reaction score
Lately my bunny has been doing two interesting/different things and I can't tell if she's playing or if she's scared/angry.

Whenever I feed her, I use a measuring cup - 1/4 cup because that's what the bag says to do. However, when I stick my hand in her cage to pour it in her bowl, she gets on her hind legs and pushes both front paws into my hands so that the food goes everywhere. She never bites me or acts like she's going to but I'm worried that maybe she feels this is an invasion of her space... or is it that she's just hungry and knows that I'm giving her food?

Another thing... a few weeks ago I had my hand in her cage to pet her..... as I was petting her, she started to chase my hand so I moved my hand in a circling motion to try to play (I've been trying to figure out HOW to play with her). I had her spinning in a circle! Again, she never bites but I just worry that she actually hates it when I do that.

Our Maisie (who just turned three on Sunday!! :D) does this during feeding time. We've taken to distracting her with raisins (her favorite treat), as she's been known to bite when she feels the food doesn't get put into her bowl fast enough, and the raisins have her thoroughly distracted every time!

Silly bunnies! :)

Toby attacks his food bowl. I used to sit on the floor after I'd let him out and then measure the food (I weigh his). He would attack the scale and knock the tray with the food down. He is just a little piggy. I am training him to run in circles on command, now. He's half caught on. He always used to follow my hand in circles, trying to figure out what was in my hand (if anything). They are funny little guys!

Sounds cute! my Bun sticks his face in the bowl while I dump the food in - but runs around me in circles when he knows its time for his cranberry treat.. Silly critters..

Tony used to do that and then got aggressive. Bo too sometimes..... they don't want me to take the food I'm giving them....... LOL!

There are plenty of play ideas out there. One is a blanket/towel - our Tony LOVES to play "get the blankie"... Bo likes stacking cups and will actually place one into the other. "Gonna get the bunny" is fun - we tell him we're gonna get him and "spider" our hand slowly and when he decides to "get us" instead he jumps like a "mean bunny" at our hands. He usually gets so excited that he binkies off after each "getting"..... We also play the "hand it to me and I roll it back to you game".... we use one of the little barrel toys with the bell inside of it. He likes to dig on a blanket and fluff it (old one cause he makes holes) and we will "help" him work... that's fun too. One of the favorites for Bo is, "Where's the bunny?" We always use the same "sing songy voice" toask where he is... and he will go and hide someplace... sometimesjust next to something but then if you head that way he'll hop off in a binky! Here are two pictures (and yes, he was playing hide and seek):

NOBUNHERE.jpg

noseeme.jpg

That picture of Bo under the blankie is adorable! What a little snuggle monster!

Toby did the happy-circles around my mom's feet while she was watching him over Christmas. It scared her and left the room because she thought he was mad! I told her that he did it because she had the craisin bag!

Latest posts

Back