Is Pepper playing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
Most of you know that I have a new littleMaltese dog... and he has been getting along just fine (so far) with mybunnies... especially my mini lop Pepper. He actually mountsher from the front and "grooms" her by licking and lightlybiting at her as she lays underneath him. Now from her bodylanguage, I think she sees it as more of a mating thing... but myquestion is now she actually jumps at him and sometimes bats at hisface. Then she will let him stand over her and she begins toquickly wiggle her butt... I'm assuming this is a matingtechnique. Once he ignores her, she will jump at himagain. I just want to make sure this is not a badthing. I'm wondering if this is her way of getting hisattention or if she is being aggressive towards him. Nowbecause rabbits are prey animals,I assumed if she was scaredof him, she would run from him or stay in her cage, but she actuallycomes out to him and interacts with him. I was just wonderingif anyone else had these kinds of experiences with their rabbits andother pets. If anyone has any info, I would really appreciateit.

Thanks,

Jamie

I am not sure, but light biting might turn intoan actual bite. I mean depending on the dog's mood thatday. I'd be careful. Sounds like it might turnugly...????

Yeah... we watch them really close and I don'tlet him bite at her long... as soon as he starts with teeth I stophim... but he is still a puppy and teething so he is biting ateverything. Other than that he is all licks and kisses...really friendly puppy but we still watch him closely.

Does anyone else have any idea if this is a goodor bad thing? I don't want to stress my bun out and can givethem all seperate playtimes if i have to, but for the most part theyleave each other alone. I am all ready splitting play timesbetween my two buns because one was just neutered. Any othercomments would be appreciated :D

~ jamie

Latest posts

Back