Is pastuerella an emergency?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idreaminglasscolor

Reaction score
SO knit has been sneezing and rubbing her nose with her paws a lot today, after closer examination, the inside of her paws are wet and she has a moist nose and i'm fairly confident it's white. Do you think it's pastuerella or something else! Help! My poor knittybitty.

Also my concern is that it's saturday and unless its an emergency, i can't take her till monday...

Pasturella is one of many strains of bacteria that could cause an upper respiratory infection in a rabbit; Most are very treatable if a potent antibiotic is used

:pray: I've been through this (at least similar symptoms) with several bunnies-snuffles is tough. Praying for your bunny!

My rabbit has upper respiratory disease and my vet said, by the time I realized she had it, the other rabbit in the house would have already been infected (it is super contagious). Many rabbits are infected but can fight off the disease with their immune system. Take the wet nosed bunny to the vet for meds, but I wouldn't be too concerned about the other bunny unless he starts showing signs.

Latest posts

Back