Is my Rex Standard or Mini?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleverpony

Reaction score
My 7-month old Rex, Moxie, weighs about 5lbs right now, and I suspect she may have just a little growing left to do. She was sold as a Mini-Rex, but (surprise surprise) the pet store staff really didn't seem confident in their assessment of her breed - in fact, one person told me she was a Mini and a different staff person told me she was "just a Rex" which I can only assume meant "Standard."

I read recently that Mini's rarely exceed 4.5 lbs - does this mean Mox is a Standard after all? I can't see her ever reaching the 7-8 lb range that would give me a definitive answer.

Any Rex breeders/enthusiasts who can advise?

P.S. I will post pics soon, both of Moxie and of the NIC cage Iput togetherafter browsing the forums!

Although most mini rexes are quite small due to selective breeding, many breeders do come up with signifigantly larger and thus "unshowable" mini rexes. I doubt that you have a standard if she's seven months old and only weighs five pounds. She's probably just an oversized mini. Are her ears really long? That's one easy way to tell.

You probably have a cross between a Rexanda Mini Rex. Very common. Can't wait tosee pics.

Sharon

I am going to move this to the Rabbitry to get other breeders opinions.

Latest posts

Back