is my rabbit pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmarlababy

Reaction score
i just got my bunny a week ago and she is only about 10-12 weeks old. her tummy seems hard and the pet store doesnt separate males from females. i read somewhere that they can get pregnant at this age because it is spring time or something? i dont know but here is a picture of her tummy. let me know what you think. shecould just be fat :)

1003832q.jpg

I found with my litters that when a doe is pregnant there stomachs get hard, Normally close to the day she is due, So expect a litter soon. Especially if the store don't separate males and females. Also put one had under her stomach and if you can feel something that feels like a grape it is more then likely a kit.

yeah it might get moved im just new to this whole bunny thing and i wasnt sure where to post it
i hope its nothing because she is so little it might hurt her to have babies.

I know I just moved it, but it occurs to me that this would be better placed in the Rabbitry and Show Room....so I'm going to move it one more time.

While pregnancy is possible at 12 weeks of age, pot belly due to malnutrition, diseaseor parasites should also be considered.

Pam

yeah i was also worried about that but im new to having a bunny and ive been looking around at sites and stuff but i thought it would be better to post here because all of you are more experienced.

Pregnancy is possible but doubtful, be ready for a litter but she looks like she could do with a vet check, that belly doesn't look right. It's not that she is fat either because her legs and around her rips looks very thin.

when i feel on her tummy i feel something but it doesnt feel like a marble or anything. i cant really bring my fingers together to feel anything. does anyone know any other signs for pregnancy?

nvm i DID feel little pea like things in her tummy but shes not being aggressive or anything she keeps licking me. so what should i do to help her while we wait for the babies? i think she is too young to know what to do

I really think a vet visit should be in order to be on the safe side. Her best interest may depend on knowing exactly whats going on with her and not just basing care on assumptions.

shes eating fine and drinking fine and acting normal. she doesnt seem sick or anything at all. she may be eating more than usual but thats it.

itsmarlababy wrote:
nvm i DID feel little pea like things in her tummy but shes not being aggressive or anything she keeps licking me. so what should i do to help her while we wait for the babies? i think she is too young to know what to do

Hard "pea things" are often fecal pellets. At this young age, the fetuses are often reabsorbed or miscarried.

If indeed the fetuses were just the size of peas at this point, her belly wouldn't be so large.

Pam

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
I think she should go to the vet... She could have pot belly or something.

Emily
She does have a "pot belly" - we're just not sure why ;)

it wasnt pea size it felt like one bit the size was more bigger like a lima bean? maybe? im not sure but it felt bigger than a pea.

Latest posts

Back