Is my rabbit getting old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexzendra

Reaction score
I only have one rabbit and he's 6 years old and going to be 7 within couple of months and from past 2-3 month i been noticing that my rabbit don't run around alot. he just lay down all the time... and now he's eating very less.. i took him to vet alot of times they'll give him injections and medicines to make his gut moving and boost his appetite and it will work but for only some days.. he isn't a playful rabbit now.. sadly my rabbit isn't spayed/neutered so his lifespan is even less now.. and he's lonely so it's making his lifespan even more less. :( i always try to cheer my rabbit and he sometimes do also plays with me but usually lays down a lot.. is he getting old? 7 years for a un-neutered and un-spayed rabbit plus lonely rabbit

btw can anyone tell me an average lifespan of a dutch rabbit?

Rabbit lifespan is generally considered to be in the range of 8-12 years, I'm not sure for Dutch, but probably anywhere in that range. Perhaps it's possible that your rabbit has arthritis or is in some other sort of pain, when rabbits are in pain they tend not to eat so I'd think with reduced movement that perhaps arthritis is a consideration and maybe a painkiller that you could give regularly might help?

I only have one rabbit and he's 6 years old and going to be 7 within couple of months and from past 2-3 month i been noticing that my rabbit don't run around alot. he just lay down all the time... and now he's eating very less.. i took him to vet alot of times they'll give him injections and medicines to make his gut moving and boost his appetite and it will work but for only some days.. he isn't a playful rabbit now.. sadly my rabbit isn't spayed/neutered so his lifespan is even less now.. and he's lonely so it's making his lifespan even more less. :( i always try to cheer my rabbit and he sometimes do also plays with me but usually lays down a lot.. is he getting old? 7 years for a un-neutered and un-spayed rabbit plus lonely rabbit

btw can anyone tell me an average lifespan of a dutch rabbit?
--there are some variables,-ie.environment,etc.--however-sounds like some medical issues--if he eats only the soft pellets,teeth are a strong possible problem--should always offer fresh grasses-ie.timothy/orchard,-and wet greens--lots of water,--could start weighing him several times daily on a digital-kilogram scale--try to encourage good sound gi-tract,it is an eco-system all to itself---watch the poops always http://www.medirabbit.com feel tummy should feel doughy-not hard,--bunz are prey animals--subject to disorders from stress,--sincerely james waller :brown-bunny:twocents:bunny19:dutch:inlove:

Latest posts

Back