Is my Flemish giant pure or not?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Was wondering if she is pure breed or not. Sheweighed 13# inJanuary06. At that time I had her for about5mnths. She was about 8mnths to a year old when I got her in july of05. They weren't sure.

Her face

f602.jpg

Her relaxed in litter pan.

Sam.jpg

Posed in the cage they brought her to me in.

01-21-06_1920.jpg

Close up

384294-R1-14-13A.jpg

Cleaning herself

384294-R1-13-12A.jpg

Her relaxing

FH000024.jpg

FH000026.jpg

FH000027.jpg

Thank you. She is a handful. She just threw her food dish at me.:XIt's not pellet time!

It's impossible to know for certain without apedigree. She could be a smaller sized purebred, or crossedwith a commercial breed. From the photos, she appears to beOpal in color (not a showable variety in the US Flemish).She's rather small for a Flemish doe.

It's not unusual for meat breeders to cross Flemish with commercial meat breeds.

Pam

While she resembles a Flemish Giant she seems tobe missing the Body Type Flemish Giants have She looks more commercialtype than semi-arch, and she is not a recognized Flemish Giant color. Iagree with Pam on her being a Flemish Giant Cross. It is very commonfor people to cross purebred Flemish giants because it is harder tofind a Flemish Giant and people who want litters will often just breedwith whatever else they can get as well.

Julia

Whatever she is doesn't matter. She is spoiledand she thinks she is the queen. This morning I found we hadn't latchedher pen right. I walk out and she is sitting on the couch.

I think she is a pure and if she is a mix I think she has mosly flemish in her. :colors::bunnydance:
But she is very cute:)

Thank you.:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back