Is my bunny the biggest loser?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saudade

Reaction score
So I've been feeding Lucy for a good year now on estimates, every time she was fed I'd just give her a handful of her stud mix, and when i could be bothered she'd get lots of special treats.

Now with my own considerations of being overweight, I've started to look at Lucy's size in retrospect. She weighs 2kg exactly (4.4 pounds, just weighed her on kitchen scales pics in the general forum soon). I've noticed she's developed quite large dewlap. However it doesn't feel fatty. She's over 30cm long, i'd guess roughly 40cm from nose to tail when stretched out. I can feel the ridges of her spine when she's on her back and her ribs when i pick her up.

Is my rabbit fat? Or is she extremeley skinny? or just inbetween?

Yep she's my one and only. That's a relief, I tend to spoil her heaps by feeding her twice a day sometimes, throwing in extra treats. She eats nearly all of the hay I put in her cage. And I usually give her 2 big handfuls and it's gone within a day or two.

Latest posts

Back