Is my bunny really a himilayan??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoecat6

Reaction score
I am wondering because in the pictures that Ihaveseen theydon't seem to have the dark patches ontheir forehead. It seems to be getting darker the older shegets, she is about 3 months old and about 4 pounds.

zoe.jpg

06-07-05.jpg

Well, I'm not abunny expert but Iguess she could be mixed with something.Maybe someone elsewill have a answer for you.

She's beautiful!!!

In the other photos I've seen of her, she doesappear to have the long body type and coat of a Himalayan.The darker fur on her head is just baby "frosting" that will eventuallymolt out. Depending on temperature, some Himis may continueto frost later in life. When they are little, someHimi babies are a really dark gray color over their entire body.

Pam

FrenchLopGirl1280 wrote:
its nota himalayan. SHe is a Californian rabbit.They look like Himalayans but they weigh a lot more.

Cleo (French Lop and Himalayan Breeder)

I stand corrected :) I was thinking this was thesameHimi that we've seen so many photos of -- it took acouple hours for me to realize that the one I'm thinking of is fromAustralia and older than the girl featured on this thread. Atapprox. 9 weeks -- 4 lbs. would be too large to be a purebredHimi. More likely she is indeed a mix or a Cal.Like the Himalayans, the dark patch on her head will molt out.

Pam

I looked back at the old posts and now thisrings a bell -- these were the ones that I thought lookedlike Netherlands -- I don't think it sunk into my head at the time thatthey were only 4 weeks old and I still keep thinking they are mucholder than they really are.

Don't think I've ever been so wrong :foreheadsmack:LOL

Don't be surprise if your "little" one reaches a whopping 10 lbs.!!!

Pam

Latest posts

Back