Is my bunny a Dwarf Blanc de Hetot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmoore1230

Reaction score
I got my bunny, Gaara, from a local pet store that is supplied by a local breeder. The pet store did not give me a specific age, however they assured me he was full grown. He weighs no more than four pounds max, so I know he is a dwarf of some kind (this is also what the pet store said). He looks like a Blanc De Hetot to me, as far as I can tell from the Breeds thread on here. But the thread also says its the rarest breed, so Im not sure. What do you guys think?

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

blanc de hotot's are big and not very commom, most likely a dwarf hotot or a mix thereof. he could be a pure hotot but you don't know for sure as you don't have to pedigree for him. He's a bit on the larger size for a show quality one.

He looks just like my rabbit Toby. In fact so much so that he could be his twin, and Toby is purebred dwarf hotot, though on the large side at a little over 3 lbs. So it's possible yours is purebred dwarf hotot.

Toby is the one on the left.

P1010614 (640x480).jpg

Back