Is it true?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kricket

Reaction score
Is it true veggies are higher in calories thanpellets??!! :( I was thinking I was doing my chubbybun a favor by giving him more fresh veggies and giving lesspellets? Did I do wrong?? :(

I've been wondering the same thing...

It seems like green veggies (such as leaf lettuces, parsley, cilantro,carrot tops, etc.) would not make bunnies gain weight and would helpkeep weight down.

But then I see messages that seem to say the opposite -- that cutting down on veggies helps bunnies lose weight.

So I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile now.

I am giving them mostly cilantro andromaine lettuce. Some parsley, kale, spinich, collard greens,turnip greens. Am I a bad bunny mom? :(

no your not a bad bunny mom, just remember the key to a healthyrabbit is moderation .

For me my buns get fatter from the pellets. Oreowill only eat pellets and is one fat dwarf. Weve tried getting him toexercise more but his head still doesnt match his body.

hee hee, our Netherland is getting like that - chunky monkey body, little head!!

Both our bunnies are chubsters - don't know best way of getting them tolose weight - they get SuperExcel Lite pellets, 2 'fresh greens'leaves, a little bit of carrot and tons of hay and grass every day.Trying to cut down on treats too!!!

Any advice on dropping weight most appreciated

mummybunny

mummybunny wrote:
hee hee, our Netherland is getting like that - chunky monkeybody, little head!!

Both our bunnies are chubsters - don't know best way of getting them tolose weight - they get SuperExcel Lite pellets, 2 'fresh greens'leaves, a little bit of carrot and tons of hay and grass every day.Trying to cut down on treats too!!!

Any advice on dropping weight most appreciated

mummybunny

:pHello! Try this thread:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=4646&forum_id=1&highlight=obese

Back