Is it time to spay? Please help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Alice Trancy Hope all is well! How’s your bunny doing? Better I hope xxoo
Actually, I was just about to post! I just checked her up cause the last two days we were quite busy and as I wiped her end with a clean tissue paper, it came out as clean and she's been generally doing good which makes me really happy. But even with that, I'm still taking her to the vet for a check up as soon as I can, although the rides seem to scare her and make her drool unnecessarily .. Thank you so much for checking up on her though! Highly appreciated!

Ugh... I hate to say this but she did it again...
IMG_20180824_031046.jpg

The spots are much bigger this time and this was in a place she wasn't lying down at to say it transferred from her entrance onto the sheet... I kind of think this is urine now more than it being discharge and I don't know why. Her litterbox is literally right next to my bed because her cage is leveled with my bed and is high on the ground with a way to go back and fro from it.. Prior that I was smelling her fur to check because I read somewhere that if the rabbit smells then it's sick -unless it has a poopy butt- so her fur was odorless but near the rear there was a mild odor so I picked her up to check and as I noticed that the fur under her entrance had a small dot of yellow so I grabbed a dampened q-tip and cleaned it off and then she ran away .. Maybe while running off she did that because it agitated her or something?
But then again.. This is not a new phenomenon when it comes to her... And I still don't know why. There's a cloth in her cage that she sleeps on and it seems clean. I took her out on my bed for like an hour and it seemed clean but then this happened... Thoughts? I'm kind of getting frustrated here... :c

So, as a follow up post to this old thread.. I didn't have the chance to take her to the vet to check whether or not it was vaginal discharge as she stopped doing it when we came back home however.. She has been leaving spots everywhere, single little spots that I cleaned up but a few minutes ago, she started jumping and doing binkies and running around and when I checked .. I saw this.
IMG_20180906_050543.jpg

Thankfully the covers I put on were thick and old just in case and I'm glad I did.. Is this what rabbits do when they spray to get a mate? In 9 days it'll be 5 months since I got her and she was the size of my palm when I did and she still is still relatively small in size, weighing only 1.4 KG. Should I talk to a vet about getting her spayed? I'm only afraid it's still too early and might be risky for her.

Latest posts

Back