Is it safe to give bunnies in Day Care for a week

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sana Khanam

Reaction score
Hi!

I could really use some advice here! Me and my family have to go out for a week , so we decided to give our bunnies to daycare. But I'm really nervous, firsty as all the daycares here also keep cats and dogs!

I really love them but we can't take them as it would be a long and stressful jouney for them. Also the female bunny is unnetured as it is not safe for her to get it done at her age as per the vet. So we have asked a separate arrangements for her in the daycare. Its really stressful for us to give our babies at a daycare. Most of them are suggesting to keep her in cage in the same room with male bunnies..I'm really confused rn.

Any suggestions on what should i check and make sure before i really can be sure both my bunnies are really safe?? Please help I'm really nervous about this!!

Do you have any pet sitters in the area that could come to the house twice a day instead? That’s what I do with my buns. I just make sure to leave them detailed instructions and emergency contact numbers

Unfortunately there are no pet sitters available in my area. Even the most reliable pet boarding I found is approximately 25 miles away. 🥺

I would only leave my rabbits with someone that has a lot of experience taking care of rabbits. Rabbits aren't like cats or dogs. You have to know how to properly care for them. Is your vet experienced with rabbits? If they are, maybe they could board your rabbits.

My first suggestion is get leave the buns at home in their safe and comfortable environment. Just not having you there for a week will add stress. Putting them in an unfamiliar environment will stress them more. What about a co-worker or a neighbor or co-workers child (responsible teen)? They would probably love to spend time with the buns. Do you belong to a church? If so, someone from there? If time allows, send out an email at work or post on b board of the need. Most bunnies hare to ride in the car so don't take them with you. Check with vet and see if they know of a sitter. If no sitter, I agree, check with vet if they board. Good luck!

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I really appreciate it! So i finally found a boarding farm who seem to have good experience in bunnies and hamsters. They also have vet facilities with them. They are agreeing to provide food as instructed, regular updates and arrange a huge cage ( 3inches x 2 inches) to keep them separated while we are gone. They have pretty good reviews and the best I have found so far.

The only drawback i see here is they'll be in cages the whole time(a week), as with us they only go to cages for sleeping at night. But i believe if they are safe and sound and eating well thats what matters the most.
Leaving them open in a new area will only cause them more stress.

I am trying to do my best for them as i don't have any relatives/friends around here who i can really trust and go peacefully.

Hi!

I could really use some advice here! Me and my family have to go out for a week , so we decided to give our bunnies to daycare. But I'm really nervous, firsty as all the daycares here also keep cats and dogs!

I really love them but we can't take them as it would be a long and stressful jouney for them. Also the female bunny is unnetured as it is not safe for her to get it done at her age as per the vet. So we have asked a separate arrangements for her in the daycare. Its really stressful for us to give our babies at a daycare. Most of them are suggesting to keep her in cage in the same room with male bunnies..I'm really confused rn.

Any suggestions on what should i check and make sure before i really can be sure both my bunnies are really safe?? Please help I'm really nervous about this!!
Is there a rabbit rescue near you? When I was forced to leave my rabbit under care, I asked the rabbit rescue to care for her. They know all about rabbit care and there’s no dogs. To make it worth their while I donated money.

The place ive finalized for them they aren't rescuers but bunny and hamster breeders. So seems to have good knowledge about them.

I also asked few questions and he pretty much seems to know a lot about them. Also I too made some donations to make sure he takes care of them properly. I hope things go smoothly!

Back