Is it possible to bond 3 bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chii

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a neutered male Mini Lop rabbit. He is 1y 9month old now and lives with me since he were a baby. He is very calm, gentle, lazy and laid back, loves to flop and cuddle.
On 26th August, I brought home from cat&dog shelter a tiny lionhead girl, about 5-6 month old. She was spayed 22 of July and were expressing teenage bunny problems. She just started to calm down. She is very sweet, but nervous, missing her tail and part of ear. She started to lick hands and is not so cage protective / aggressive anymore.When she will calm down completely, I plan to bond her with my male.
About a week ago I took in from the same shelter a baby bunny to foster. He is an orphan and the only survival from his litter (he was found on street when about 10 days old). He looks like an english spot. He is about 4 weeks old now.
I took him as foster mom, but this tiny fella has just stolen my heart and I started thinking about having a trio of rabbits. I can afford it financially, but I am not sure my husband would allow that. So I need to get my facts straight before even thinking about keeping the baby.

Is it possible to bond a neutered 1y 9month old male, 5-6 month old spayed female and baby bunny, when he/she will get older? I will spay/neuter the baby as soon as he/she will be the right age.

If I would keep him, should I firstly bond the adults and only then introduce the baby to the bonded pair?
Or introduce two new bunnies to my male mini lop at once? At what age would it be most suitable to introduce a baby?
Any advice would be highly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!:carrot

No idea... I'll let you know when I give it a shot. I'm getting Butterscotch (male) and Ellie (female) neutered and spayed tomorrow. They're three years old, siblings, and have been in adjoining cages for most of their lives and are very comfortable with each other. So luckily, those two seem to be fairly bonded. The additional bunny is my Holland Lop, Pippi (spayed female). She's used to being by herself, so we'll see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back