Is it okay if my bunny climbs like crazy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
Yet again i have a question about my bun. He is acting a little weird today.
Normally when i let him out he chills and sniffs and flops(well, he is sir flop-a-lot) and is otherwise okay.
Today, the weather is rainy, has been all day and i see that my bun is kind of hyperactive- scraping away at the floor, messing around with the big paper bag, constantly being alert and seemingly nervous. And the weirdest part is this- he taps on the walls with his paws, craning up up and high, and what i saw him do now surprised me a lot. He decided to do a 90degree vertical climb up to the tree rack about 90 cm above ground level!
And yes, since he is not a cat, he fell back into his hay bed padding about 10 cm thick.

Is such behaviour okay from an unspayed giant french lop?
(Well he is not a giant, i only call him that cause we thought we were going to get a mini lop)

Yes, normal. They just don't realise how clumsy they are off the ground. I put a ramp to the windowsill to put an end to reckless climbing. Nothing on my kitchen table is safe. I once picked my buck from atop an open hutch door, 5ft off the ground, granted, there were females involved. Hi did quite some other stunts as well.
Got him from a local old style farmer, from a tiny hutch, when I got him I had to send a bunch of kits to show him how to use a ramp, or even leaving the hutch...

Attachments

• Buck2.jpg
    Buck2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 12
  • Buck3.jpg
    Buck3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Buck4.jpg
    Buck4.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Ohhh they are so adorable! What breed are they?

Random Farm Meat Mutts, about 8-10lbs grown up, all my bunnies are. Very diverse characters. It's awesome to see what they can do, given the chance :)

Attachments

• Graue Tunnel.jpg
    Graue Tunnel.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back