Is it okay for a rabbit to be relaxed all day?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hey guys! My rabbit as older as he got became more relaxed. Is this fine? He usually sleeps or just lays next to the door(where the air hits). He eats and everything so idk if I should be concerned or not. Whenever I shake his bag of treats he goes crazy, whenever it’s feeding time he goes crazy. He isn’t always in his litter box because of this but he still does go when he wants to go pee, poop or eat some hay. Is there a way I can make him motivated to run around or something? He ran around today in the morning but after that nothing. He usually does that though. Any thoughts?

How old is he? It's probably his personality type. Shen is more active and out there when it comes to movement. Xiao Wu is more relaxed, lounging and flopping. But their natural behavior of being more active early mornings and evenings kicks in. I've gotten woken up by them zooming and binkying on my and all over the bedroom on more than one occasion.

How old is he? It's probably his personality type. Shen is more active and out there when it comes to movement. Xiao Wu is more relaxed, lounging and flopping. But their natural behavior of being more active early mornings and evenings kicks in. I've gotten woken up by them zooming and binkying on my and all over the bedroom on more than one occasion.
He’s 5 months and a few days. Maybe a week. Louie is usually active in the morning in the night sometimes too. He was more active before like when we first got him(when he was 2 months) to maybe 4 months? I mean he would still binky sometimes now but like not as much as he would before but I figured it was just because he knows we’re gonna have him in all day iny it’s time put him inside which is at 9:30-10PM. Yeah, he flops all the time. He goes to the kitchen or to the living room under the couch or under the chairs. Even on the dinner table chairs he manages to get up there and sleep.

I wish I could bring him into my bedroom and let him go into the other rooms but then he bites the stuff that’s in there and that’s under the bed cause he likes to go under there. He free roams all day in the living room.
Edit: He just flopped rn!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Just wanna add that I’m the only person he lets pick him up. He loves to groom me and sometimes even tries to eat my hair. It’s super funny but I feel like he really loves me. He licks my legs too. He likes to lick my face(all of it), my legs and my arms. It’s so cute. So does this mean he really just wants to be chilling all the time?

He's maturing, so isn't as energetic as they usually are as a baby or teenager. Also once they settle into a new home, they will usually be most active exploring right at the start, sometimes with lots of binkies and zipping around. Then they'll calm down some once they have their new home all mapped out and are used to their new place, and binkies and zoomies will only happen at certain times and not as often. Unless you let them into a new area to explore, then they sometimes will get all excited about this and the binkies and zoomies resume, until they're used to that area too. Treats and yummy food can also inspire this excited behavior.

They will also nap and be less active during the day, just like their wild cousins, who are most active in the morning and evening when it's cool out. When it's bright out, the middle of the day, and warmer, they are most likely going to be sacked out napping. Your bunny seems perfectly normal and happy. Grooming you and flopping out, means he's very comfortable and trusts you.

He's maturing, so isn't as energetic as they usually are as a baby or teenager. Also once they settle into a new home, they will usually be most active exploring right at the start, sometimes with lots of binkies and zipping around. Then they'll calm down some once they have their new home all mapped out and are used to their new place, and binkies and zoomies will only happen at certain times and not as often. Unless you let them into a new area to explore, then they sometimes will get all excited about this and the binkies and zoomies resume, until they're used to that area too. Treats and yummy food can also inspire this excited behavior.

They will also nap and be less active during the day, just like their wild cousins, who are most active in the morning and evening when it's cool out. When it's bright out, the middle of the day, and warmer, they are most likely going to be sacked out napping. Your bunny seems perfectly normal and happy. Grooming you and flopping out, means he's very comfortable and trusts you.
Yay! Thank you! This makes a lot of sense now

Latest posts

Back