is it normal for a rabbit to not care about loud noises?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_

Reaction score
I use a shop vac for my room and it's pretty loud but bubbles and brownie aren't bothered by it. if they are sleeping in my room they just perk their heads up and go back to sleep. If I listen to music on my speakers they just don't care.

We used to have mini lops that roamed in the backyard and when we mowed the lawns my girl would sit in front of it and not care about the noise. She wasn't deaf or anything as she would come when called but she was a strange bunny in general.😆

It is completly normal. Rabbits know pretty well what noise is a hint for danger - and no predator is loud. I have to take care to keep the rabbits away when working with the chain saw or chopping wood, and on New Years Eve they are just happy that someone is up at midnight to give them a snack.

A twig breaking, leafs rustling, a bird sounding an alarm - this can set them on high alert, what sends them running though are fast, unexpected movements.

Anyway, as been said, their hearing is pretty good, and I would avoid really load noises around them even if they don't bother them. At work I'm used to wearing ear protecion, and for me many household machines are well above the level when I put muffs on. And that would be a good idea for everyway, the small damage accumulates and will show with age.

Latest posts

Back