Is Holly a....or a ....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy052104

Reaction score
Holly was sold to us as a mini Holland lop. The more I've been reading on here and looking at other pics on here my hubby and I have started to think that she is a Mini Lop. She weighs around 5 pounds. What do you guys think?

DSC03102.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

I think that she's most likely an oversized Holland Lop.  Her color is far more common in Hollands, and she has the body type of a Holland.  Dwarf breed rabbits that don't inherit the dwarfing gene are generally much larger than their show quality counterparts.

Pam

She looks like a holland to me. Rounded body that drops off sharply at the back, compact head with little pug nose ;), very typical ears, and yes that colouring is super common. I would agree that her weight is quite large for the breed but like pamnock says she may not have any dwarfing genes in her. It's possible she is 3/4 holland and 1/4 mini perhaps? I have had 1/2 minis and 1/2 hollands that looked like big fat hollands and weighed about the same.

I appreciate the feedback I've gotten so far. With regards to her weight, does she look over weight at all?? I'm just curious.

I don't believe she appears to be overweight.  I think that she's longer in bone structure, making her larger than the "show weight" for her breed (or for what we are speculating to be her breed).

Pam

hmmm...that makes me wonder about petey...we thought he was a mini lop, but he looks alot like holly to me...what do you think?

petey-peapoo.jpg

Petey013.jpg

we were told that peapoo was a holland, but im not sure...if she is one her head is shaped different isnt it?

DSC02783.jpg

I think he looks like Holly. But I have no idea, obviously or I wouldn't have started this.;)  He sure is a cuttie though!!

I think Peapoo is a Holland also. There is a lot of variation within the breed ( We've had Holland Lops for approx. 16 years -- at one time had well over 100 of them ).  Not all have the "show type" round heads, especially if they haven't inherited the dwarfing gene.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
peapoo_bunny wrote:
so you think petey's a holland lop or mini lop?

Is Petey the broken black?  How old is he and how much does he weigh?

Pam

yeah petey is the broken black... im not really sure how old he is.. but hes already neutered and ive had him two months so i guess hes at least 7 months old.. and he weighs 4.5lbs..

he weighs less than peapoo... peapoo weighs 5lbs and is about 8 or 9 months old

Latest posts

Back