Is he an American Chinchilla rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nibbles96

Reaction score
According to another website, Nibbles looks like an American Chinchilla rabbit. Is this correct?

2woalxx.jpg

If not, can someone please tell me what breed he is?

Thanks in advance :D

Here is another pic:
2qnrs4l.jpg

I'm not sure how much he weighs, we need a new battery for our weighing machine thingy. xD

Nibbles is adorable and BIG.

Boy lots of Bunny their to Love:heartbeat:.

Has he jumped over his pen yet?

I look forward to seeing more pictures of him.

Susan :panic::weee:

I never heard of a 'chinchilla bunny'. So I googled the breed, from what the website i'm reading tells me, and the pictures.. he definitly is one. They consider is a 'oversized chinchilla' .. which is true.. jus a diffrent species.

Chinchilla Bunny

This breed is like a dream come true...:biggrin2:

Stockton was a Chincilla mini-rex and Peter is a large Chincilla--8 pounds. The only difference from your Nibbles is that they both looked like someone used a highlighter on their ears and eyebrows. The main part of the coat is identical.

Thanks guys,
Yeah, I read in a book that chinchilla was just a color for rabbits, but I googled it and found out that it was a breed! I wanted to be sure though.
:)

Don't forget that there are three varieties of Chinchilla rabbit as well: Standard (max 7 1/2 lbs), American (max 12lbs) and Giant (max 16lbs). The American Chinchilla is endangered, the Giant is on the American Livestock Conservancy's watch list.

I have seen American Chins go as pets before, but Pam's right they are just so rare.

wooly_queen wrote:
Is it possible that he is a chin flemish? Does that ever happen? lol

Yes - they are called "light grays". The rabbit in the photo is a little small to be a Flemish "Giant". It's most likely a mix breed.

Pam

Oh, well thanks guys! :) It really doesn't matter to me what breed Nibbles is, but I was just curious anyway. Maybe I'll do a little more research to find out what mixed breeds he is, if he is a mix. :)

Back