Quantcast

Is Begonia's moist nose a false alarm?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Karaliene

Reaction score
Hey all!
Not sure if you saw yesterday's post in my bunny blog, Musings of a Bunny-Mama, but if you did you'll know that I've been letting Begonia and Blossom run free in the garden - supervised - sometimes. I've just come in from giving them a short run around (short because the grass is still a little dewy and I know that that could give them digestive issues), and Begonia came and gave me a little nose-bonk with a pretty wet little nose.

Is this because she's just been eating dewy clover and grass? Or should I be worried?

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about, of course their noses get wet when eating wet grass.

short because the grass is still a little dewy and I know that that could give them digestive issues
No, not when they are used to grass. There's a kernel of truth in that saying though, wet forage spoils faster than dry one, if you mow once a day and keep it in a heap or larger rack it will get warm and start to rot, that can cause problems. Just the grass being wet, as far as I know, isn't a problem.

Karaliene

Reaction score
Hey! Thanks for the heads up. I thought so, but at the same time didn't want to take too much of a risk. Anyway, they're definitely used to grass, no worries on that count.