is a cardboard box safe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tterster

Reaction score
We put a sturdy cardboard box lid in our bunniescage. She pulls, pushes it around and gets in it.Is this safe for her?Will she eat it and get sick? I heard it is okay. She plays with brownpaper grocery bags and old paper towel rolls already?

Some people worry about them eating too much, butmy Bo chews, shreads, tosses, attacks, tugs, eats, and lays on hiscardboard all the time.

He also likes papertowel rolls and I fill them with hay so he has something to work on :)

Maggie used to have a Cheerio's box as a house inher cage lol, sadly one day she jumped on top of it and squashed ithahaha. She doesn't have a box anymore.

I've thought of giving bo one of the "double"sized ones from the warehouse shopping club (sam's) but he'd just tearit apart.... LOL

Bindy loves cardboard boxes, jumps in them,shoves them, bites them , hides in them and then lifts her head outjust enought to see you then ducks down again (peek a boo type thing) Ithink they are quite safe for buns to play in, we've had no problems,Bindy sits on top her box in her hutch all the time, for the most partshe sleeps up there and we are too noisy for her she runs and hides init :)

Latest posts

Back