is 24C too hot for a rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winggx

Reaction score
i purposely bought a thermometer to keep track of my room termperature.
It says it is 24C in my room, is it a bit too hot for my rabbit?

I let my rabbit out his afternoon, he stay under my hand-made shelter and took a nap there. Does it mean he is too hot so he wants to find a shaded shelter to keep cool?
or he is just fine?

Getting some ceramic tiles for him to lay on will cool him off a little. Having some of them in the frig for awhile will be even better.

24C is fine, when you start to get to the higher 20's I would be taking measures to cool him down. It depends on the Rabbit also, Rocky can handle the hotter temps but other bunnies don't manage it very well at all. but 24C is fine :)

Since my rabbits are outside I had to become creative. I freeze jugs of water and place it around the inside of their cage. There cage is also in the shade all day(except a few house in the morning). Now if I know it is going to be really hot(over 90 with high humidity) later at night when it is cooled off I bring them inside the night before and they stay inside till the weather cools back down. Today it was only 75 out with 40% humidity so I gave them each little water bottles and they sleep around them or on them.

Latest posts

Back