Irresponsibe bunny owners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBabyboo

Reaction score
:nosir: So I was looking on kijiji today(just cause I'm recovering from having my wisdom teeth removed yesterday) and I see this ad for a baby bunny for sale. So I email the lady and asked her why she was selling her bunny, her response was " I am getting rid of him because my cat doesnt like him. If i dont find a home for him soon I'm going to let him run free in the middle of the city(it says where she lives in the ad) and now I'm trying to convince my parents to let me take the poor guy in. He's almost 4 months old. I am just shocked at the stupidity of some ppl. :tears2:

Yes, people just don't take the responsibility of pets seriously enough. We're talking about living creatures, yet some folks treat them like toys. I hope it works out for this little bun.

I almost wonder if you could report her to city bylaw. A lot of places have laws about turning domestic species loose, you have it right there in e-mail right?

Hopefully you can take the little guy.

I have reported people who release their bunnies because "they couldn't find a home for them". I want to take this lil one in because he reminds me of my very first bunny candy cane(I was little and I loved candy canes LOL). I also plan on getting binoo a friend. My mom is on my side about taking the little one in so hopefully by tonight he will be safe with me. I will for sure keep all of you updated on this situation.

I bet she's not being truthful about the real reason. That bunny is right at the hormonal stage. I bet bunny's behavior has changed and she just thinks it "got mean." But of course she isn't going to tell that to a prospective owner.

Hoe you can help this poor boy! I do tend to agree with Blue eyes, that's a good thought and may be the reason.

If she's truthful about being willing to let him go, why wouldn't she be truthful about why she doesn't want him any more? But that's not important compared with wha thappens to him.

She could be trying to guilt someone into adopting the rabbit, that's why. She might have no intention of letting the rabbit go, but it using it as an adoption ploy. You never know.

Regardless, he still needs a good home; hope you get him!

Is there anyway you could take him even just temporarily? Then you could rehome him yourself? I hope he finds a good home!

Unfortunately, WAY TOO many people think animals are disposable! And some people just plain don't care! I volunteer for a horse rescue (takes in unwanted, abused, neglected horses) and a horse relief (helping people who are down on their luck, keep their horse when they truly care) and it NEVER ceases to amaze me the mentality of SOME people.....I have stories to boggle the mind!!! Good luck trying to help this little bunny!

I've been trying to contact her for about a day now and she has yet to reply to my emails. I am hoping she will do the right thing and give him to me so I can take care of him. All I know about the lil guy is that he is a Holland lop about 15 weeks old and he doesn't get along with cats. There are no rabbit rescues in our area so I see this a lot on kijiji. Most times I can find homes for these bunnies but this one rabbit reminds me of my first bun so I hope I can rescue him.

Well heres the status on this bunny. The current owner finally told me why she doesn't want the lil guy anymore. Her cat is too interested in the bunny, tries to get into the cage(probably just sits on top of it) and she doesn't want the cat doing that. Sooo she upped her price on the rabbit to $65 with out cage, with the cage its an additional $60. I'm assuming I made her mad or something by trying to help her solve the problem because she refuses to reply to my email.

So unfortunately for her I had to report her to the ospca in our area. They are going to keep me updated on the status of the lil one. Not the outcome I wanted but what can you do right?
:banghead

So unfortunately for her I had to report her to the ospca in our area. They are going to keep me updated on the status of the lil one. Not the outcome I wanted but what can you do right?
:banghead

Since she hasn't actually abandoned him yet, I don't think the SPCA can do anything here. But maybe a phone call from them will shake her up a bit, and encourage her to give you the rabbit.

Thats pretty crappy, because your cat doesnt get along with the rabbit? lol I have 2 dogs, one I know in a heart beat would kill Bug but that just makes me do whatever is humanly possible to make sure they NEVER cross paths.
Bug has a house all to her self :) but even if she didnt which she wont in our new house we are putting Bugs house on wheels so whenever its the dogs turn to be inside Bug will be in our room safe and sound... and when Bug is running around the dogs are outside.... some people were just never ment to own pets.

They are going to talk to her about it. I should know soon if shes going to give him up. Either way the humane society is making sure that bunny doesnt get released outside.

Latest posts

Back