Irregular or just part of rabbits' anatomy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
For some reason, even though it's already my fourth year of having rabbits, i've never fully understood exactly how their anatomy works and what organ is exactly where.
Iris came back from the vet today and was declared completely healthy- nice teeth (though the lower inscisor does have a minor horizontal surface level crack that will grow out and wear off acc. to the vet), good weight of 3.41 kg, activity is good and joints are in place, no problem with appetite, parasites also gone. She got her myxo vaccine as well, earlier this year than would be the usual, because our winter is seemingly more molten soggy spring.
So i was about to go to sleep when she started really begging for attention, like moving-panels-around level of neediness. I then took her to my side and pet her. Then i noticed something i remember often reoccurring with all rabbits of mine- just right after the ribs, there's a hard-ish, even clump of something. It seems to be positioned right in the middle of the rabbit- both when looking from above and from the side. It doesn't move around much (unless i were to purposefully wiggle it around a bit, which i won't) nor does it seem to be causing pain when i feel it. It feels like there is one of each on the sides. It might be one big thing connected? Also seems too high up to be the intestinal bit of rabbit? It is there for some while, then it kind of, i don't know, goes away? Stops being so prominent to the touch?
I haven't seen any links between it being more apparent and any other abnormality of rabbit behaviour. Iris still eats, poops, moves and reacts the same. As it had also been present in all my boys, i don't think it's something that would be nescessarily wrong about a rabbit's body. So i wouldn't bother the vet about it for now.
My question is, what is that thing i'm feeling?

Latest posts

Back