Iowa Caucus anyone?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
Anyone follow the Iowa Caucus last night?

Obama won for Democrats & Huckabee for Republican!

any thoughts?
i've been following the race closely and living close to Davenport, IA i've been able to see a lot of the canidates speak!

not starting a debate, just wondering who else is into the political race?

i used to not be interested at all, but since 2004 when i could vote i started following a lot more closely.

i'm down to talk about this.

if you look at the numbers, not the percentages, but the numbers between the democratic winner (obama) and the republican winner (huckabee), why are there SOOOO many more republican voters? i know it's iowa, which is usually a red state, but, literally it's like, obama won with 900 votes and huckabee won with 35,000 votes.

also...huckabee!?!!?! did he come out of nowhere to anyone else!?!?! man and i thought f'sho a year ago that mccain and giuliani would be top competitors, and they were bottom of the list!

tracy

you know i was looking at the numbers too on CNN i was trying to figure all of it out, but you're right they don't make sense really ha.

some of this stuff is still confusing to me.

and yes HUCKABEE? i really didn't know much about him either! Giuliani didn't even go to the caucus.
-i went to huckabee's website and read about his issues, he is a very strong republican, used to be a reverend. i don't know if i completely agree with all of thosetypes of views for a country that is ever-changing. just my opinion :)

it said dodd dropped out, does this mean from the whole running?

this is a very exciting election this year, i think it'll be incredibly close and is quite possibly the first chance to break from the caucasian, male running!

to tell the truth, a lot of people are putting their faith in barack obama, but at a political rally here at ASU, i asked him what his plans were to change all these situations that he discussed were bad in our current administration, and he glossed right over that.

its easy to sit around and complain, but what is he going to do to act on it!?

tracy

i agree tracy. but i think that goes for all of the canidates...what it really comes down to is how will they REALLY change the situations, not just what they want to do, you have to think if they are all actual feasible wants and ideas.

agreed. my friends dad said that mike huckabee pardoned like 37 people from their jail sentence, and then 32 of those people went on to commit more crimes. ugh.

but...he is the governor of arkansas. and i mean...bill clinton did okay, right? so maybe, there's hope?

i'm typically a raging democrat in all honesty. but this time around, i'm really just paying very close attention to the candidates and their views because no one candidate "speaks" to me. i'm not a fan anyone who wants to overturn roe v wade though....

ugh!!!

tracy

ROFLOL - because I'm a raging Republican and I feel the same way about our candidates this time around.....

This is definitely going to be an interesting year...

Peg

timetowaste wrote:
i'm typically a raging democrat in all honesty. but this time around, i'm really just paying very close attention to the candidates and their views because no one candidate "speaks" to me.

for reals peg!!! we are in some kind of trouble this year. well, lets think of this as a chance to stop being soooo bipartisan, you know?

tracy

I won't be old enough to vote in the CA primaries, but I will vote in November's election and we've been talking alot about the elections in my AP gov class.
I still don't really get the caucus system. I mean, no one has the time to sit in a room with all the republicans or democrats in their area and chat like that, do they? That's why no one shows up. I mean, yes, they can change people's minds, but it just seems so much more practical to have a primary election... like almost all the other states do.

Back