Introduction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperknitsRN

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Jamie and just yesterday I got my second house bunny, a Holland lop rabbit who is ten weeks old. She will (obviously) live in the house. I have an X pen and litter box with hay set up in part of the kitchen. I haven't named her yet.

My first rabbit (who is no longer with me) was named Flip-flop, and she was white with a greyish halo around her nose. She was much more outgoing and very social with humans from the start, unlike my new bunny, who has spent most of her time in her litter box and only today hopped out of it a few times to take stock of the rest of the pen.

I would like to hear how others socialized their new baby bunnies, especially the shy ones. I have been sitting by her cage and talking to her from time to time, but I haven't picked her up (I hear rabbits don't like that much). I do confess I pet her a few times... I couldn't help myself.

Best,

Jamie in the PacNW

She seems a lot more comfortable than yesterday, and has skittered around her X pen some more, in addition to eating in my presence. I am hoping she magically "gets" the litterpan is the place to do her business just like my first bunny got it right on the first try. I think I was lucky with that bunny.

I'll bet over the next few weeks I'll start to see her come out of her shell. I scheduled a well-bunny visit with a bunny-savvy vet and will have her spayed when the vet says it's ok.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

This is to anyone: I think I posted a question in the infirmary, but I don't know if it posted. How long does it take to show up? I previewed my post, but there was no "post" button, so I don't know if I did it right...

posts so up for me right away. also when you preview, you gotta scroll down and get the post button under the box you can type in.

ummmm food is the quickest way into a bunny's heart. but since you Just got your rabbit, then spend time near by and give it time.

It sucks to wait though, doesn't it. X)

Welcome :) I have a holland lop he is the sweetest bun I have ever met, I am pretty sure he is not a real rabbit but a cross between a teddy bear and puppy :)

Hi, Pharfly: I'm wondering if the females aren't a little more aloof than the males? Mine nudges me and occasionally sniffs me or tentatively climbs on my lap, but she's not overtly affectionate (she does let me pet her when I can't resist). Mostly I enjoy watching her antics...

Jamie in the PacNW

Males tend to be more laid back then females. My female is all raging hormones, but she is a different breed. I hope she is more like Smokey when she is spayed :)

See proof that Smokey is part teddy bear, what rabbit lets a 4 yr old (with a dirty face lol) hold him?
005-7.jpg

I simply got a doe because I'd had a female before and found her charming (and was worried about the bucks spraying when they reached maturity--although does can do that do). Of course I plan to spay, but my last Holland never really got bunnitude around adolescence--she had plenty of that to go around I suppose; she was never aggressive or territorial before or after her spay, and after reading some of the threads on here re: unspayed does, I feel lucky.

Back