Introduction from PA

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forums! I always said if i had rabbits in the future I would use rex for multipurposes such as yours. Your birds and crabs are cool! I always wanted doves and lovebirds but i have no clue how to take care of them. Maybe some day

Lovely birds. Really nice set up you have for them.

And the hermies are pretty nice too. Don't know much about them, but they are really neat looking.

Our neighbor has an exotic bird which he spoils the heck out of. And he also raises some amazon frogs along with tropical saltwater fish.

Always interested in the varieties of pets.

K :)

woahlookitsme wrote:
Welcome to the forums! I always said if i had rabbits in the future I would use rex for multipurposes such as yours. Your birds and crabs are cool! I always wanted doves and lovebirds but i have no clue how to take care of them. Maybe some day

That's great! We have a lil in common :) do you have Rex now?

Also if you have any questions about birds (mainly parrots doves etc) please feel free to ask!

ZRabbits wrote:
Lovely birds.  Really nice set up you have for them. 

And the hermies are pretty nice too.  Don't know much about them, but they are really neat looking.

Our neighbor has an exotic bird which he spoils the heck out of.  And he also raises some amazon frogs along with tropical saltwater fish. 

Always interested in the varieties of pets.

K :)

Thank you for your kind opinion ^^ also I've had the hermit crabs for over 5 years now. They can live a long time as well. If you have any hermit crab questions also please feel free to ask :)

One thing about the crabs though it's so hard to clean the crabitat, not because it's laborious, but because they are at the age where they can go under the soil for up to 3 months at a time annually to molt. So depending on if they don't do it at the same time there's a possibility that there only 3 months out of the year I can actually do a deep clean

Shelbers91 wrote:
One thing about the crabs though it's so hard to clean the crabitat, not because it's laborious, but because they are at the age where they can go under the soil for up to 3 months at a time annually to molt. So depending on if they don't do it at the same time there's a possibility that there only 3 months out of the year I can actually do a deep clean
I had no idea they did that. How can you tell if they are still alive? I've never had crabs as pets but I think they might be cool. Do you mind sharing more of the basics?

I don't have rex now but maybe some day. They are too sweet and I always have wanted to become self sufficient when I get a house of my own.

MiniLopHop wrote: clean[/quote]
I had no idea they did that. How can you tell if they are still alive? I've never had crabs as pets but I think they might be cool. Do you mind sharing more of the basics?[/quote]

Sure ^^ the younger they are the less time they spend molting, the older the more time. They need the air to be humid all the time around 70% is good. Once you do it for a while you can tell by feeling the air and after a little bit the crabitat can withhold it's own humidity without much help. I find the coconut fiber bedding from drs foster and smith website is the best. They can make great tunnels in it without you having to worry about it collapsing like sand can.

I never give them hermit crab food cuz 1 idk what half the ingredients even mean and 2 the insecticides in it can build up in their systems and kill them. Plus for the first time I bought hermit crab food last week cuz it said it was only dried shrimp. I've never been allergic to anything in my life and let me tell ya this stuff gave me a sneeze attack and an athesma attack. First time ever... So that got pitched. I'll just buy the dried shrimp for fish.

I feed them dried shrimp for calcium and protien as well as the fish food worms, they get some of the birds food cuz they can and do eat millet, safflower seeds, sunflower seeds oat groats etc. They get flax seed for omega 3 fatty acids, the birds protein suppliment which is dried egg, they also get rice and quinua and stuff.

Oh also you don't want to check on them if thy are molting cuz you don't want to disturb them. Hope this is ok for now, I went to drink my juice to find my bf ashed his cigarette in it and I don't feel so well. So I'm heading in. Have a good night :) GROSS

Of course I have pics, shes the cutest little girl ever! Her name is Olivia, here she is

IMG_1853.jpg

SAM_2161.jpg

Its a little more enjoyable when she does paw over paw. She only does the push pull method when i have a blanket covering me. She will push the blanket under my legs with her paws and then pull it out with her teeth...when she catches my leg with those teeth, its slightly painful. Its a game to her ;)

It might be Brandy. Olivia and Gary seem to do a lot of the same thing :) I think they were meant to be husbun and wife :) Just saying...dont tell Rebecca I said that

Ooh ok :) makes more sence ^^ man I just can't wait to get my first 2 Rex <3 color doesn't matter but I'd love Siamese, broken, lynx, white and or black lol I think that's the order, but still. Can't wait to get my own place, get a license and stuff.

I'm sure their games and bites would hurt less then some of the parrot bites I've gotten lol

Latest posts

Back