Introducing!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
The day is finally here. I just gotback from getting my baby FG. It is a buck and is wonderfulland adorable and everything I wanted. The breeder was verygood and did not just hand me the bunny and leave. She showedme how to hold him right and how to check him for ilnesses and all thatgood stuff. She told me some stuff about showing if I evergot into it with him. And I got to see all her bunnies. :D

Well enough of that stuff. You all just want to know about the baby...right?

Well,I've named himMurphy and he isadorable. He's 9 weeks old and was born June14th. He weights 3 1/2 lbs. He doesn'tmind being held and will sit in your lap or in your arms for a longtime. He's got the cutest little white belly (yes, I'm abelly girl, I love little animal bellies :p ) He's got bigears and likes to have one up and one down. Right now he's inhis cage tearing it appart and rearanging everything. I'll begetting him a biggercage soon. I'm going to get oneof those large dog kennels.

Ok, thats enough writting. Here are the pictures :D

babyface82204.jpg

His cute little baby face

pettaxi.jpg

cutie.jpg

In the pet taxi when we just got home. (His ear has black on it because she just tattooed him)

ear.jpg

Not a good pic but I just wanted to show ya'll his cute little ear

babyincage.jpg

Murphy in the cage

Well, thats my baby. I'm sure you'll see more of him later on. :D

-Madelon

Oh Babydoshia!

He's perfect! I absolutely love his face and his name.

Oh what a beautiful little sweetie. Those ears are bigger than his body. What a little angel babe.

Welcome to the family Murphy!

-Carolyn

He is so adorable! I've got a real thing aboutbig rabbit ears and those are just thecutestpossible! You must be so thrilled, feels like you've been waiting ages for him.I'm glad she was a responsible breeder helping you know how to keep himhappy and healthy. Keep us posted and lots more pics too :D (speciallyof those ears :p)

He'swonderful! What beautiful, big ears! I love that name! It'sso original! Congratulations on finally getting him home!

Thanks everyone. Not sure why I like the name Murphy but I do.

He's used to his cage by now and is now relaxing in the litterbox. It's so cute, he's laying on his side with his feetpointing out. That means they are comfortable right?

He is cage trained so he will only go to the bathroom in his cage butnow I just need to litter train him so he only goes in one area of hiscage lol. I am getting him a larger cage probably next week becausewith all the stuff in it this cage really wont work. Plus ineed the door of the cage to go to the floor so I can leave the cagedoor open. The way it is now the only way to put him in anget him out is through the top and once he's litter trained he wont beable to get back in his cage on his own if he has to go.(hope that makes sence).

Still the cage will only be for sleeping and posibly while I'm atschool but I would rather have it be larger. Right now I'mplanning on getting a dog crate I found online. It's bigenough and has the right type of door.

Otherwise he is doing really good. I had him out in my room alittle while ago and he met the cats and sniffed around my room(everywhere lol). It will be a little while before he getsused to me (obviosly).

Sorry this is soo long. I've got a quick questionthough. What does it mean when the bunny sorta nudges youwith his face. I think I read that that means they arescenting you which is good but I'm not sure. So, what exactlydoes that mean?

Again, sorry this is soo long

-Madelon

Sorry this is soo long. I've got a quick questionthough. What does it mean when the bunny sorta nudges youwith his face. I think I read that that means they arescenting you which is good but I'm not sure. So, what exactlydoes that mean?

He's so sweet!! congrats!!!Almost exactly Bub's size (he's 10 wks)and actually, similar proportions.

When Bub nudges me, it means everything from "out of my WAY!" to "areyou still there?" to "don't mess with me" to "ATTENTION! NOW!!".Interpretation depends on the attendant actions....hehe

Like, a nip after the nudgemeans he's cranky! :p

Good luck with Murphy!

Rose

Hi Babydoshia and Murphy,

I'm with rabbitgirl on what the nudges mean.

As to laying his litterbox and the feet pointing out, Definitelyrelaxed. The longer it takes for a rabbit get into an alert position,the more relaxed he is. If he's kickin his feet up, he's loving live.

Isn't it great to have a rabbit?! So darned cute! Sounds like he'salready trying to boss you around asking to get out of his way or forpets.

There's a great website on rabbit behavior. I'm sure you'll have funchecking it out. http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_intro.html

Dog crates are excellent cages for rabbits, especially considering the size Murphy will grow to.

That name is too cool, especially for a Flemish. It's so strong. Just like Apollo and Sherman.

:dude:

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
There's a great website on rabbit behavior. I'm sure you'llhave fun checking it out.http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_intro.html
Yes, that's the website. I couldn't find itearlier. I read most of it a while ago when someone mentionedit on another post (I think it was you lol). That is a greatsite and very informative.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the name. I'm glad you like it :D.

How was Murphy's first night in his new home?

-Carolyn

How was Murphy's first night in his new home?

-Carolyn

Very good. I was awakened occasionalyto the chewing of cardboard but I'm used to that with my rats so thatdoesn't bug me.

He was up most of the night I think. He ate his hay and hispellets and drank from his water so I'm very releaved. (Thatsthe first thing I care about whne I get a new animal, that I see themeat and drink)

I had lots of fun this morning picking up about 50 little poops andputting them in the litter box. :? He'll get it eventually.

I just fed him and now he is in there munching away.

He still is pretty scared of me. I mean, he'll let me holdhim once I pick him up but you can tell that he is scared.He's gotten better since last night though. He'll let me pethim while he's laying down and will keep his ears up instead on layingthem on his back. He still always has his right ear higherthan the lef though. The left one sorta flops straight to theside lol. I figure that might be because he got tattooedthough and it may be bugging him a little. But still, fornow, it's very cute :)

I'd say it was a good night. :cool:

-Madelon

babydoshia wrote:
The left one sorta flops straight to the side lol.I figure that might be because he got tattooed though and it may bebugging him a little. But still, for now, it's very cute :)

You're exactly right. I've seen bunnies turn into "half-lops" for a dayor two after tattooing. Also, those ears are HEAVY for such a littlehead! Bub can't keep his right one up.

Glad the first night went ok!

Rose

Latest posts

Back