introducing snow (flemish giant)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv4scjjt

Reaction score
Hello all. New to forum and I guess I can say bunnys to since its been about 15 yrs since iv had one and im sure things have changed some since then. Well my new bunny is Snow. She's a black Flemish giant. Her name came because she was born in a snow storm. I also like to give my pets weird names. I have a dog named kitty and a cat named mouse. So snow worked great for a black rabbit. lol. :hugsquish:

snow.jpg

PS...the cage that you see her in is only her bedroom. The cage is always open and she is in a huge pen that takes up half of my den. I used a large normal rabbit cage with a ramp over it with a towel over it to give her a quiet place. That is actually a very large cage she is sitting in and she takes up half of it at only 4 months old. (I was told 4 months anyway.) but anyway that cage is only her bed she has lots of room.

Welcome to RO!

What a pretty bun and keep the pics coming. I love seeing and hearing about other flemmies but then I do have a big, sofy spot in my heart for them.

I am sure she will outgrow her bed in no time. :) If you are thinking about something different in the future for her then extra large dog cages work well.

Wow! Snow is a beautiful bunny! I am glad to hear you were able to set aside so much room for her, since it looks like room is definitely needed for her to stretch her long legs!

I am glad to hear you are back on the bunny-train! I have always found that bunnies are so rewarding to own, I told my boyfriend that instead of a dog I want a giant rabbit! LOL

I look forward to getting to know you better, and learning more about Snow as time continues!

My name is Julie and I am proud Momma to a black kitten named Onyx, a grey-spotted white rabbit named Buster, and new Momma for a rescued Lionhead X Lop (siamese kitty colors!) named Chloe.

I trust your bunny will never let you down, they provide excellent chuckles, cuddles, and love. :)

Welcome to RO. I got two Flemish myself and I love them. Snow is very cute, hope she gives you as much happiness as my two do.

Welcome!
Haha those are awesome names! My rabbits are called Dog and Dope haha :p
Can't wait to see and here more about Snow! (and kitty and mouse)

Selina
:brownbunny

Thank you guys for the welcome. She's doing real good so far. Still a little jumpy but knok on wood no biting. Just nervousness when first handled. Shes chilling out in front of the tv right now. lol

I loved watership down as a kid. I have been looking for a copy of it as an adult but haven't been able to locate it. lol

Hello there and welcome to the forum, Snow still has a bit of growing to do I bet ;)

I loved watership down as a kid. I have been looking for a copy of it as an adult but haven't been able to locate it. lol

Most book stores will order in a book if you ask them to. Otherwise it's very easy to busy online. :) It's my number one favourite book

luv4scjjt you can get it on DVD now! I think you can get it from Amazon, I got it for Christmas a few years ago.

Welcome to RO. Snow is gorgeous. I too look forward to hearing more about her, Flemish Giants intrigue me. In time I would love to get a friend for Luna so I am trying to learn as much about different rabbit breeds as I can.

Hi And Welcome to the forum..Snow is an swesome name and she is very big for 4 months ...makes my lil mini lop look very small and i think he has gooten big in the last month and a half since i've had him lol.Look forward to hearing more from you and seeing and hearing more about Snow :)

Snow is coming around very well for being a outdoor caged bunny. She is getting very friendly and don't flinch anymore when we pic her up. My son is absolutely in love with her and spends half the day in her pen with her. Our only issue is we don't want to have to lock her in her cage at night because even the larges of bunny cages is to small. She already weighs like 10 plds. The cage in the pic of her is the larges indoor bunny cage I can find and as you can see she is just as long as it is wide. But she keeps getting out of her pen at night and peeing all over my couch. I tried finding those build your own cubes in many different places but no luck. My next stop is on line I guess. She has a very large area to play in for now but if she keeps jumping over it (3 ft high) I will have no choice but to lock her up till I can find the cubes. :nosir:But my couch has been washed 4 times in the last 3 days.. Not good for it. lol

have you looked into maybe getting one of those play yards?
They can be made to any shape you want and it's tall enough that she can't jump over it..You can get them at walmart and those places in the baby section.
Just an idea for now till you can find the cubes and order them.I attached a pic of one.

play yard 2.jpg

Hi!
Snow is a real beauty! I know I have small Jersey wooly girls compared to your lovely Snow but what about an xpen with a flannel or other sheet clipped on top with wooden clothes pins for a top cover to keep her from jumping over & out? So far it has worked for my bunny girls even with them jumping on top of the hidey/play boxes. You can also attach two xpens to give her even more room if needed.

Latest posts

Back