Introducing Noell!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartbunneh

Reaction score
Introducing Noell!

th_Noell.jpg

th_Noell1.jpg

She is a 1-1.5 year old shepherd mix that we recently adopted from the county animal shelter. They say she's a shepherd mixed with any number of the following: shar-pei, lab, and terrier. But we're even beginning to see some great dane in her face, ears, and mouth. She's probably of the Heinz-57 variety, but that's just fine with us because she's managed to capture our hearts in such short order!

She was found wandering the inner city of Cleveland's west side and was taken in to the shelter at the beginning of December. She had recently had puppies, but they were unable to locate them. We just pray someone came across them and hand-reared them - it's too sad to consider the alternative.

She's incredibly underweight, but we're planning on fixing that and she certainly doesn't seem to be fighting us on that front! She was spayed yesterday and we just brought her home today for the first time, but all seems to be going well. We're just trying to keep her quiet so she doesn't hurt herself and it's been difficult since we have the other two dogs who are anxious and unsure about the whole situation. So far so good though. The dogs have been a little leary of one another, but no teeth thrashing or biting, so there's hope for a happy bonding experience. It seems like everything will work out well...we sure hope so.

She's incredibly sweet and trusting for a dog who was roaming the streets, taken from her pups, and thrown in a shelter. She's amazing - she truly is. We lost our Ginger dog in October suddenly to a heart defect or embolism. We were heartbroken...and she's managed to really lift our spirits. She was brought to us by Ginger - she must have been - since she is so similar to her in so many ways.

I'm blessed to have found Noell and have brought her into our home. I was cruising on Petfinder for rabbits [a usual hobby] and on a whim decided to search for dogs in our area. And there she was! And, from now on, the rest is history!

The dogs are wonderful and we're in love with our new addition. She's a miracle in our eyes for sure. And, seriously, how can anyone tell me that she's not precious?!

<3 Lexi

She looks wonderful! How great of you to take her in! She obviously appreciates everything you do for her. (I see Great Dane in her head too!) What an expressive face. I hope she settles into your family like she was always there. (And I believe that your Ginger dog would be happy to see you so happy!)

Aww, Adorable. I love her tail, it's just like 'bing' LOL. Sorry im really tired.

I bet she really appreciates herself being underweight and getting extra meals. LOL. It may come to a shock to her when she reaches normal body weight and thats taken.

This posting just made my day!

You all are very lucky to have found one another!

As for her weight, I'd take it slowly - regular feeding cann do a lot to help her gain at a steady pace. If she is a variety of the "deep chested" breeds make sure you take it slowly so she doesn't end up suffering from gastric torsion.

You could look into a satin ball recipe (there are a few varieties online) but just don't overdo it. :)

Latest posts

Back