Introducing new veges to young bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toady

Reaction score
Miss Ash is now 14 weeks old and over the past few weeks I've been introducing veges; so far she's enjoyed baby bok choy, celery leaves, carrots and yesterday; pak choy (apparently it is immature bok choy but not as tiny as baby bok choy), all without a problem.

However today I was reading that you shouldn't feed the white parts from the bok choy to bunnies, just the leaves but Ash doesn't seem to mind the whole baby one which are about finger size and width or the pak choy which is about hand length but half hand width (talking about the average female hand here, not a big man's hand)

Am I doing her any harm by giving these to her? I was thinking if anything the white 'stem' would require more chewing and help with the teeth and help keep things moving. I've been letting her munch on two pak choy leaves twice a day but am I over doing it and at what age can I start mixing veges into a 'salad'?

I cant say i've ever heard of that but i do know that your better safe than sorry! and yes your bunny is old enough to start having some veggies i would slowly ease her into it but i see you are already doing that

The vegetables that I give to my bunnies are romane lettuce carrots and mostly grass (not sure if that is a vegetable)

good luck:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back