Introducing new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so i got this mini lop in like April, and i would like her to be able to be in the same LARGE area with my other rabbit. they wouldnt be in the same cage, just in a large area (like a room) they have been living in cages only a few inches apart and haven't fought at all. they are both females. the mini lop is about 5 months old and the dutch is 6 years old. help please?? :)

Are either of your girls spayed? If not, they both need to be. It is pretty much impossible to bond two unspayed females.

If they are spayed, or if you plan to have them spayed, I can give you plenty of pointers. Just respond to let me know.

Like I said, it will likely not work unless they're spayed. Two females is the hardest combination to bond, because they're so territorial. It's also in your best interest to spay them to avoid reproductive cancers, which are distressingly common in female rabbits.

the dutch is at LEAST 6-7 years, and ive read that surgery becomes a lot more risky when they're older. the mini lop is a show rabbit, and we MAY sell her.
when we got the dutch, she came with a new zealand, and they LOVED each other (both unspayed does) they loved having free run of a room together. they would snuggle up and sleep in a cardboard box together :inlove:

Latest posts

Back