Introducing...my new ride! :P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the Jake pictures! :) I went out to the barn today and gave him a good lesson. :) He was doing pretty well; wouldonly go to the right around the pen, so next time I'll work him around the left. I almost fell off of him a couple times because he started trotting around a corner, so he would go one way, and I would slip in the other direction because it caught me off guard. Luckily, though, I am a good enough rider to keep my seat! :D

I had him responding easily to leg cues, (although at first he thoughtI was asking for the next gait :rollseyes) as well as slight pressure on the reins, which made me happy. It's only the 3rd time I've been on him, so I was letting myself get use to how he responds, which is very important. I have to keepthe reins short with him, as one, they're split reins, and I'm still getting used to riding with those, and two, if I give him too much rein, he'll take advantage of it. I give him enough to allow him to give me his head, and when we're walking, he gets more rein. He was having fun taking the bit up in his mouth, so I had to get on him about that several times. :rollseyes

When I finished riding him, I jumped off, and had him follow me all over the riding ring. :) I'd run a bit, and he'd trot, then I'd stop, and he'd halt right next to me. :) It was very cute. At one point we were walking along a fence, and he stopped walking to look over a fence, and I turned around, saw him and said "Jake! Come on!" And he looked at me with this cute expression, and came over to me. :biggrin:He definitely knows his name very well. :) Okay, okay, enough of my rambling! Here are the pictures!

BarnHorsesJake001.jpg
His gorgeous half blue/half brown eye! :D

BarnHorsesJake002.jpg
Left side markings.

BarnHorsesJake004.jpg
Right side markings.

BarnHorsesJake003.jpg
His little spot that looks like overo. He's a Chestnut Pinto. ;)

BarnHorsesJake006.jpg
Wondering what I'm doing. Hehe. Please ignore the dirty neck/head. His back is clean'cause hehadon his pretty purple blankie. :)

BarnHorsesJake005.jpg
Standing, and being impatient. Look at that narrow chest! Teehee. He's a lot narrower than Sonny is. ;) Although I think Sonny is about 15.1 and Jake is about 15.2 or 15.3. He's a lot bigger than I thought he was.

Hope ya guys like! :) I know I do! Lol. This is the horse I'll be riding for drill team. ;)

Emily

He's a cutie. Which drill team will you be riding on? If you can get the NFR on TV finals night will be our local drill team THE SNAKE RIVER STAMPEDERS!!!! I love them. They ride in the dark the only lights areon them and their horses. my sis and I have friends that ride on the team and my sis is gonna try out.

Good luck, have fun, and most of all be safe. Drill can be dangerous

Crystal

Thanks!
I think it's called the Equi Stars Drill Team? I'll have to go look it up real fast and see. That was the name that was on the mounting block at the arena on Monday where we ride...so I assume that's us. lol.

Oh wow. That sounds like it would be a cool drill team to watch!

Thank you! One thing I need to invest in, is a good sturdy helmet, that's for sure. ;)

Emily

cool. I think I might have heard of them.

They are awesome to watch. When the olympics were in Salt Lake City they participated and they have been to the NFR several times.

A helmet would be a great idea. lol

Crystal

Oh My Darlin Rabbitry wrote:
cool. I think I might have heard of them.

They are awesome to watch. When the olympics were in Salt Lake City they participated and they have been to the NFR several times.

A helmet would be a great idea. lol

Crystal

Haha. I don't think it's that^ same drill team. I google searched, and came up with some with the same name. ;) I could be wrong though. lol.

Yes, it would be. lol.

Emily

With so many horse lovers I thought you might like these pictures.I dont remember the full story but this horse lost his front right leg but his owner didnt want to put him down so he had a new leg made for him.Heres the horse and the hoof.
ATT00001.jpg

ATT00003.jpg

otnorot wrote:
With so many horse lovers I thought you might like these pictures.I dont remember the full story but this horse lost his front right leg but his owner didnt want to put him down so he had a new leg made for him.Heres the horse and the hoof.
ATT00001.jpg

ATT00003.jpg

How cool He's a beauty I'm glad he wasn't PTS.

Crystal

I have some pictures of me riding Jake. :) I will try and get them up tomorrow. ;) My computer has a virus on it, so now I have to use my mom's computer. :(

While riding yesterday, I asked Jake to lope around a corner, and he must have slipped, as he went down on his right side. I was quick enough, despite not knowing exactly what was happening, to pull my leg backwards, and my upper torso out, and we both are fine! The saddle horn only nudged me, thankfully; as that could have resulted in several internal injuries. Jake also rolled up just as soon as he went down, so had my leg been pinned, it wouldn't have been for long.

Emily

otnorot wrote:
ATT00001.jpg

ATT00003.jpg
I have the story of this pony somewhere. Her name was Molly and it had something to do with Hurricane Catrina and a pitbull attacking her and destroying her leg. I'll post it when I find it again

Latest posts

Back