Introducing Me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue

Reaction score
Hello - I hope I am posting in the right place!

I am from North East England where I live with my hubby, horse, owl,parrot and American corn snake. I had a seventeen week oldblack miniature lop who was recently stolen and I am praying for hersafe return. I am presently debating whether or nottostart looking for arabbit to "fill the void" andto be a companionfor her in the hope that she will turn up,orwhether to wait until she is found (if ever). Ithink at the moment, I'm hanging on and waiting, although I miss herterribly and a few of my friends have tried to find me suitable"boyfriends" for her to "make the waiting easier". To behonest, I feellike I don't deserve to haveanotherrabbit.

So that's me and my family.I'm sure a few of you will know me from RU forum.:bunnydance:

:shock: Yes, I do remember seeing athread about that, although I haven't been over there muchlately. Have the police been helping at all? That'sso scary! How long has she been missing? :pray:

Have you checked the shelters or with local breeders? Anothermember here had three buns stolen last year while she was onvacation. She found one at a local shelter. She hadbeen dumped on the property of someone who bred the same breed, but thebreeder didn't want to use a doe with no known history so she broughtthe bun to the shelter. The other two were eventually left onthe owner's porch again. I think in this case the thieves hada personal vendetta against the bunny owner.

I don't see what you could have done wrong. You're not a badowner because your bun was stolen. The problem is someoneelse is a jerk. Don't let that scare you off getting anotherbun.

Hi Rogue!

There is a place in the RO forum where you can introduce yourself, soyour post might get moved by staff...but I wanted to be first to saywelcome to the forum!! :hello

It sounds like you certainly have a wonderful assortment of pets! Whatis it like to have an owl as a pet? I don't think that's too commonhere. And what type of owl is it?

I also wanted to say how sorry I am that your rabbit was stolen. I'vebeen through that myself, many years ago when I was in my early20s...someone stole my rabbit Thumper from her cage. She was one of thefirst rabbits I'd had, and she and I had a very close bond...so to comehome and find her cage empty with the door open, well, it wasdevastating. In my case I was veryfortunate; in a last-ditchattempt to find her - after she'd been missing for a week - I calledone of the local radio stations and asked them to announce it for me,which they did. Not an hour after it aired someone called me (I'd leftmy phone number with the station) saying he'd seen some children in hisarea toting a large brown rabbit around. He knew these kids, and theyhad a pretty bad reputation...so I got my then boyfriend to go with meand visit their apartment. And there was Thumper, hopping around intheir living room.

I do hope that you are able to find your rabbit...and I hope you're notblaming yourself for what happened. When you said you felt you don'tdeserve another rabbit, I felt that was coming from a place of painover missing your little one. I'll pray for her safe return, and if youdo decide to get another bunny, you will know when the time is right todo so.

Would love to see pics of your furred (and feathered) family, if youare able to share! Oh, and do you mind if I envy you just the slightestbit? I've always wanted to own a horse of my own, but the opportunityhas just never manifested itself.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and it's very nice to meet you!

~Di (and my crew: the cats - Fritz and Tasha; the dog - Kaya; the bunnies - Anna and Raphael; and an assortment of fish)

:welcome1

:hug:

***edit***

oops...2nd to say hello... ;)

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. What jerks!

Like Naturestee said, it's not your fault, Hun...please don't think youaren't deserving of more bunny friends. You absolutelydo!! Someone else's cruelty is not an indicator of yourability as a bunny parent AT ALL!!

I have to say that you feeling the way you are is actually a GREATindicator of how wonderful a bunny parent you are! I think,if you are ready, getting another bunny friend is a goodidea. Of course, like I said, that's for when you'reready. I wouldn't push anything on you that you don't feelready for. :)

Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation...you and your bunwill be in my thoughts and prayers for her safe return. :pray:

And until then, and even after, lots of love and hugs from your familyhere at RO!!:hug1:heartbeat:

Rosie*

Thanks everyone.I'm still looking, and have been ritually phoning everyone I can thinkof in the hopes that we might be reunited. She's been gonefor almost two weeks, and I miss her terribly :(.

I have, however, begun searching for a little boy bunny. I'vebeen in such a mess that I desperately need something to focus on andtake my mind off all this. I'm still hoping that Bramble willcome back to me, and haven't given up hope (hence getting a boy - myplan is that WHEN she comes home,they caneventuallybe bonded). If she never does turn up,then I will take him to chose a girlfriend whenI think thetime is right.

I can't BEAR the not knowing. If the worst has happened toher, I'd rather know and then I could grieve for her. As itis, I'm still so hopeful that someone will phone and say "I think I'vegot your rabbit..."

Oh, Sweetie...I wish there were something Icould say that would help you to feel better during this. Ican't imagine how you must feel, I have to admit.

When my heart puppy (well, she's about 10yrs) was just a baby, someonestole her right out of my sister's backyard, thinking she was apitbull, and then let her go when they realized she was aboxer. They had been looking for her, putting posters up, forabout two weeks, I believe, and finally someone called in to the policeabout a stray dog, and they found sweet Daisy roaming around a TacoBell trying to get food.

I hope and pray that you are as fortunate as my sister was.It killed all of us to know that our Daisy was missing, and not knowingwhat had happened. I hope your baby returns home soon...:)

We're all praying for you.:pray: And we're here for you if/when you need us. :)

Hugs and Love,

Rosie*

P.S. Getting a second friend is a good idea to help you be alittle more up-tone during this difficult time. It alwayshelps when you have someone else to focus on. :)Keep us updated, ok? Also, please please let us know anypossible way we can help, ok? We're all here foryou!! :D

Latest posts

Back