Introducing Link and Luna

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3lly

Reaction score
C55B6CF2-4E44-4EFB-B957-AD133636FA50.jpeg DFF1C30C-B6FF-4342-BF47-9166729533F9.jpeg 11378CA0-F47B-49DD-A6A2-BD1C9C51AF09.jpeg A79B2B6E-0D4A-450C-9E75-36AE126B9C50.jpeg DDB0F039-C68C-443E-84DF-50DB11119474.jpeg Hello,

I am a first time bunny owner. I have always wanted bunnies but my husband did not like rabbits because when he was 5 a rabbit bit him. Where we live there are a lot of wild rabbits hopping around in the morning and at night. Every time I would see one my heart would just melt. This spring I saw so many rabbits and I just could not wait any longer. I got 2 Netherland dwarf baby bunnies from a breeder at the beginning of July. I picked a male bunny that looks like the same colour as a wild eastern cottontail and I named him Link. My husband picked a white and grey female bunny and I named her Luna.

Link is now 16 weeks and Luna is 13 weeks. They were together in the beginning and very snuggly with each other but I had to separate them because I was afraid they would mate. Hopefully they will be able to be together again after spaying and neutering.

Link is more chill than Luna. He lets me pet him any time and seems to get excited when I walk by and follows me. Luna is more cautious. I can usually pet her if she is eating. If she is feeling unsure, she hides. When they were together I am sure Luna was the dominant bunny. She would often put her head down to be groomed, steal Link’s food right out of his mouth and push him out of the way to have a drink. He seemed to not be bothered by it. I guess that surprised me that she is the dominant bunny because she is younger and so cautious.

This forum is great. I have learned so much. Thank you for all of the great stories and information.

Welcome!

Your bunnies are so ridiculously cute, oh my goodness! I think I died from their cuteness! I could only imagine how you feel.

There are plenty of bunny experts here, should any issue occur. The most important thing is a bunny's diet, because their digestive system is so fragile :(

I am not surprised Link is more relaxed and cuddly than Luna, as from my experience, males usually are. Luna is a sweetheart, though❤

Would love to see more pictures of them, and thank you for sharing them!

Back