interesting rabbit behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaS

Reaction score
Early in the morning my rabbit starts to move his litter box with his teeth around his cage and creates so much noise.
Why would he do that?

lol:)
well, not me, its my sister in law, she sleeps in the same room with the rabbit when she comes over.

Remember, it could always be worse!Iszy likes to wait until her litterbox is completely full of pee andpoo, then she kicks it ALL out onto the floor. :cool:

Lissa,

You know what that is right....she's telling you, if you won't clean it out then i will.....just kidding.....it's funny though

wow, thats bad for sure. But why would they doit? Does he want to wake me up or something? or maybe he wants a g/f?or maybe its his morning exercise

babymommy wrote:
Lissa,

You know what that is right....she's telling you, if you won't clean it out then i will.....just kidding.....it's funny though
That stinker! :p

AnnaS wrote:
But why would they do it? Does he want to wake meup or something? or maybe he wants a g/f? or maybe its his morningexercise
He just wants to make noise probably.

Your rabbit probably is moving it aroundcausehe wants attention orhe needs more room tomove around. My rabbits used to do that all the time wen they were inacagecause they were bored or they wanted tostretch outand run around....but thenI built aclosed ingazebo for them and they didn't do itanymore.If your rabbit does it again, I suggest letting himout to run around.....or if you think the cage is quite small for him,you could get him a larger cage or hutch.....or you could make your ownhutch for him. Good Luck with yourbunnyand I hope thishelps. Cassandra =)

angoralover: I would love for him to get out ofthe cage and run around, but he is too scared to go out yet. We keephis cage door open when we are home.
I do agree that it is his morning exercise and also a way to wake me up so I will feed him. :)

Ivory does that all the time. He flips over hislitterbox, then when its turned over, he'll use his half-full food bowlas a litterbox. I just used some twist ties to attach his litterbox.

Luckily, mine can't turn over his litter boxaround, since its tall, and there is no enough height in the cage to dothat. Today I think he just wanted to redecorate his room, he moved itto a different corner and when I tried to move it back, he stood infront of it and was pushing it the other way.

When I wired Elf'sdown so she couldn't move it anymore, she decided she would just digeverything out into her cage instead. If she can move it, she doesn'ttend to dump it. hehe

Yup, some pets use their litter box as a toy than a litter box. ;)

Yesterday I was at a petstore and the dogs in these cages were KILLINGTHE LITTER BOX! They were shoving it, tossing it, chewing it, knockingit around, and pretty much demolishing it! All thedogs in thepetstore did it with theirs. It was like acontest: The firstdog to destroy the litter box wins a prize!It was very cutebelieve it or not :D

As for your problem, tie the litter box to her cage ;)

my rabbit digs in his litter box too and sometimes even in his cage, I don't why he is doing it, the cage has a wire floor.

I think rabbits like to dig :)You couldtry giving him a digging box like the ones mentioned on another thread.Tarragon, one of my boys, tries to dig out of his cage if he sees anyof the otherrabbits loose, but that's a definite fury dig,complete with biting at the bars and looking really cross :X. Rest ofthe time they just do it for fun :D.

Latest posts

Back