Interactive toy ideas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margalitb

Reaction score
My 3-month-old Netherland Dwarf buck Oren (Dutch for "ears") has been with me for about a week now. He is getting more and more comfortable in his new home, and is successfully litterbox trained. I know how important toys are for mental and physical stimulation, as well as how important interactive toys are for bonding. Thus far, I have for him: a cardboard box for burrowing and climbing, a long paper towel tube cut into 3 pieces, and a colorful little hollow wooden toy shaped like a cylinder with bars going up its length to hold a wooden ball inside. However, whenever it's exercise-time, he is more interested in exploring than anything I have to offer. I've tried everything -- stacking, rolling, clinking together, just handing it to him, EVERYTHING! I know that it is early exploring is natural and very good, but I was wondering if there are any toys you can think of that are absolutely irresistible (and preferably interactive)? I want him to have a wide range of mental and physical stimulation opportunities. I have read over lots of toy lists, and before I start collecting I want some personal opinions. Thanks!

Bandit isn't too much of a toy bunny, he explores, runs around and chews on the foam mats (a toy to him I guess). He does play with toys, but it's irregular and always for very short periods of time (usually just to push something out of his way). A way that I often "play" with him, is I'll put something right next to him like his plastic keys, wire ball etc and he'll push it away because he doesn't want it near him. I'll put the toy back next to him straight away, he pushes it away, I move it again etc and it goes on.

If you want to interact with him and help his stimulation, I think short training sessions are also good. So far Bandit knows "up" (standing up on his hind legs) "spin" (spinning right) and "twirl" (spinning left). We also do short sessions of jump training, it's a way for us to interact together, his mind and body are occupied and he gets treats for it too :)

Latest posts

Back