Insurance for rabbits.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieStixxxx

Reaction score
Most pet insurance companies cover only cats and dogs in Canada, but which ones cover rabbits? Are there any companies in Canada that cover rabbits? :?

My new addition of two days is going to need a long series of treatment and possible amputation. And I'm shopping for a bunny wheelchair.

[ Here is the thread about how 4cm and Itook him off a campus, brought him to the vet's the nextday, and many cute pictures of him and an xray showing his ankle surrounded in pus and how his joints are fused together. The infection is already in his bone and is spreading!]

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=59381&forum_id=76&page=1

I have yet to find a company the offers rabbit insurance in Canada. It has been a while since I last looked, so things may have changed. If you do find one, you need to make sure they cover what you need. It is no use if they only cover some things and not others (especially when the other things are the ones your rabbits get).

You could try CareCredit. It is like a credit card, but the interest rate is much lower (I don't think there is any if you pay if off in a certain amount of time). It can only be used at vet and other medical offices and only some vets accept it. It could be worth checking out.

If you have a good relation with your vet, they might let you do a payment plan. This is up to the vet and some don't do it because they have been burned before. Even finding a vet who is willing to give a discount for you could help. A teaching clinic or vet school might also be an option if there is one near you.

For the wheel chair, see if you can find a used one. There are people who get one for a rabbit and would like to pass it on once the rabbit dies. You may need to make some adjustments to it, but that should be cheaper then getting a new one made. If you are handy (or know someone who is), you might be able to build something suitable.

Latest posts

Back