Instant newbie bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Otter's Mom

Reaction score
This is just fate.. my senior dwarf black otter has so many issues, blind, deaf, lymphoma, prolapsed rectum, arthritis, but has great heart beat and labwork. He has outlived 3 companions but it was time for him to feel the comfort of another bunny. I found a breeder who had a 3 month old dwarf otter doe. I got her home 3 hours ago and you would think they were litter mates.

His name is Alarec (who was king of the Goths in 400 AD) I named her Lenore, from Edgar Allen Poe's famous poem The Raven.
... for such a rare and radiant maiden that the angels named Lenore.

Instant bonding like this is just pure fate.

It might stay like that, it might change. It's up for these two otter buns to decide. Hope they'll keep on getting along! Mind sharing a picture?

Alarec is very passive and snuggie. He adores being held all cozy. This pic is how sweet he is. I love him to pieces, she lucked out with such a lovey boy, as did he.

Attachments

• 20200330_182943.jpg
    20200330_182943.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3
Uuuh... I assume she isn't spayed yet? She's a baby. Babies almost always get along with an adult. Once her hormones kick in, that could all change, so do keep up your guard. In several weeks or a couple months, their 'honeymoon' could come to an abrupt end. :(

Last edited:
Yep, in a couple of months she will be terrible teen. I am hoping because he is old man that she won't be too sassy. When they sniffed noses for 1st time she put her nose under his chin which very submissive and it was beautiful. I had a doe who gave birth to 2 boys which I kept. All 3 of them were passive. Girls can get sassy, I had one who was as docile and sweet until I adopted an unwanted boy bun who went for her man like Pepe le Pew. She went feral around the xtra, unwanted male. He was massive but gentle giant. She would terrorize him until the day she passed. The 2 boys were totally hung up on each other and she lost her queen status. I had to put him in another room. She would pace back and forth, chase him, yank his face hair.. like some she wolf.

Does are territorial. My new baby Lenore hopefully will just try to steal my car keys, stay out late and accuse me of hating her friends or what she's wearing and that I just am sooooo mean!

The picture is her bad self lounging after day of beauty, mani/pedi and brushing.

Attachments

• 20200617_215856.jpg
    20200617_215856.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200617_190347.jpg
    20200617_190347.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 7
This is just fate.. my senior dwarf black otter has so many issues, blind, deaf, lymphoma, prolapsed rectum, arthritis, but has great heart beat and labwork. He has outlived 3 companions but it was time for him to feel the comfort of another bunny. I found a breeder who had a 3 month old dwarf otter doe. I got her home 3 hours ago and you would think they were litter mates.

His name is Alarec (who was king of the Goths in 400 AD) I named her Lenore, from Edgar Allen Poe's famous poem The Raven.
... for such a rare and radiant maiden that the angels named Lenore.

Instant bonding like this is just pure fate.

I just love the names for these babies! I was following for the fact that Gomez Addams, our 6 month old lop, is about to have a friend named Morticia Addams. She's 6 weeks old now and will be coming home in 3 weeks. Gomez Addams is getting neutered this coming Monday and we are preparing for bonding but was curious how yours were bonded.

Your babies seem just so sweet! I love, love The Raven! Just awesome names for both of them! Congratulations and good luck!

Yay, the Adams Family! I had a boy years ago that I named Pugsly. Morticia, Gomez and Pugsly should have met.
Check out Wednesday dancing the Juke on youtube. She even slipped the Jerk in there too. Wednesday can really do her thang.

I love Morticia and Gomez bun names, that takes me back to grade school!

Lenore the doe is such a little kid. She is like his shadow and sometimes he just wants a nice nap! She is always underfoot and super needy of his affection. He could be her dad, so weird to see.

Back