Inside or outside? (poll)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your bunny (or bunnies) live in a cage outside or inside?

• My bunny lives outside.

• My bunny lives inside.

• My bunny lives outside but I take it in often.

• My bunny lives inside but I take it outside often.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My 4 bunnies live inside. I'm a little paranoid so I don't let them on the ground outside. I do take them to the park and stores in a double decker stroller though for fresh air and sunshine. :)

Inside!!! Iowa has some varying weather. Today is near 100 degrees and our humidity is brutal. Winter we have frigid wind chills....i just can't imagine Agnes being outside!

Inside, definitely. Calgary has such extreme weather and it changes so fast, I could never leave them outside.

Although, I would not have them outside no matter where I lived.

Thanks for voting! Wow...I'm the only one who has her bunny outside but I take her in often (no one has voted for that option yet). She has walks daily in the grass in her leash and harness:) since it gets really hot in Georgia, I take her in (making sure she doesn't become a chew toy for my puppy!) and put her in a play pen.

Basil lives outside. He lives in an x-pen that surrounds a tree and is blocked on one side so it stays shaded at all times. About a quarter of his living space is river rock, three quarters is grass. He also has two bunny houses and a water mister for hot days. He gets a nice long romp in my bunny proof backyard daily. Eventually, I will give him the run of the back yard. That has to wait until he's bigger though because my roommate has 2 4lb dogs that still think he's a mouse. He's a checkered giant mix and might have some Flemish too, so he'll eventually get big enough that i won't have to worry about them.

LOL and I put little sweaters on all mine, other than Houdini the angora, when we go to the park in the spring/fall. Otherwise they tend to shiver and look miserable. I guess they are used to indoor temperatures and don't like getting chilly. :p

Inside all the way! There is WAY to many dangers outside! Temperature is only one concern! Although I am not against them having some playtime outside if in a predator safe pen.

I have 2 that are outdoors, and one that is inside. The outdoor girls get to romp in the yard freely (It's a fully-fenced yard and all pave, so no chance of digging under etc. and in safe area) in rotation since they absolutely hate each other. I have planted a garden for them and they can enjoy foraging for their food although Rolo really doesn't do much... Maybelle is trying to attack the berry plant I have not yet planted as we speak. :expressionlessLol.

It's quite odd actually because I am severely allergic to rabbits. I am allergic to the rabbits, the hay, and the ammonia in their urine sets of my asthma. I'm not sure what it is that makes it possible to have Crumble inside at this time. I cannot say I am completely unaffected but it's manageable at this time. He is reaching puberty now though and has started spraying and marking so that is making it hard on me but I am hoping that after his neuter, his litter habits will go back to being almost perfect like they were so that my allergies remain under control.

I quite enjoy having him as a house rabbit and yet, at the same time, I cannot deny that my girls love nothing more than basking in the sun and running around. Their personalities are drastically different though, so I guess that is something that plays into it as well. :)

Our bun lives inside :) we love having him as our house bunny! He has yet to go outside, aside from in his carrier... I am currently trying to harness/leash train him, so when we go to the beach in the fall, he can dig in the sand <3

I'm so pleased I'm not the only one that keeps her rabbits outside. My 2 love it, their hutch and run is on a concrete base but we also have an extra run that we add so that they can go on the grass occasionally. They have only recently been allowed on the grass as they were too young. I also bring them indoors occassionally to let them roam around for somewhere different.

Latest posts

Back