Infected eye?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketsMommy2012

Reaction score
So I noticed today that my female bunny, Panda, had watery discharge from her eye and the hair around her eye is wet. She's also squinting it. I'm going to make an appt for the vet tomorrow morning but I'm just wondering if anyone has ever experienced it. Could it be conjunctivitis? I'm not even sure how this happened as my other rabbit's eyes look fine. She just had an exam about a month ago and they checked her teeth there so I don't think it's anything dental related.

I ended up not taking her bc it was cleared up the next day. I think something just got in it and it was irritated. But thanks for asking. :)

Rabbits, like other animals, have a tear duct that runs from their eye to their sinus. It bleeds off eye tears into the nose cavity. It can become blocked and the tear solution flows over to the hair outside the eye. For a rabbit, its a simple fix. The vett just takes a syringe and inserts it in the eye duct and squirts fluid to clear out the duct. For a cat and dog, this has to be done with anesthesia. The Vet said that the rabbit duct is larger in diameter and it can be done without anesthesia. Had to do this with Bunny. No more problems.

Rabbits, like other animals, have a tear duct that runs from their eye to their sinus. It bleeds off eye tears into the nose cavity. It can become blocked and the tear solution flows over to the hair outside the eye. For a rabbit, its a simple fix. The vett just takes a syringe and inserts it in the eye duct and squirts fluid to clear out the duct. For a cat and dog, this has to be done with anesthesia. The Vet said that the rabbit duct is larger in diameter and it can be done without anesthesia. Had to do this with Bunny. No more problems.

Latest posts

Back