Inexpensive toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure there are already a couple threads devoted to this but with Xmas coming up, why not start another!

When I got back from Starbucks the other day I tossed Harvey the bag. She loved it. The handles are just right for grab and toss and the bag good for chewing. A free toy!

I would also recommend the CrinkleBouncer Wand cat toy. It makes a rustling sound that gets Harvey's attention and then bobs around in the air freaking her out. It's only $4 and worth it to see all the binkys.

I got this treat ball for Snickers and he LOVES it. He used to rattle his cage bars at night so I give him it when it's bedtime with his pellets in it so he will burn out his remaining energy on it. :) It helps a ton, no more bar rattling!

Someone on here suggested paper cups and I tried Dixie cups, stacked up in a pyramid. He loves it. I hid a craisin in there and now he knocks it down and sticks his little snout in each cup just in case there's a craisin in there cuz that one time, there was! (Actually I do it a few times a week).
The only downside is you have to stack them up, but it's good chance to sit down and play with your bun as he flips them around.

The Baron likes to play basketball with his pine cones. I use the ones that nature provides, I would not recommend using stuff purchased from shops as they may have been sprayed with a sealant to preserve them. He has stolen a pair of my old gym shorts, he likes to dig on them and I believe even taken them out on dates. Other than that he doesn't seem to be into the "toys".

Lots of running, he still loves his NASCAR races through the living room, into the kitchen, up the stairs and back down for another lap. I am pretty sure this is a relative of his...

Takes your gym shorts on dates? Eww! That's hilarious. I'll try a pair and some pinecones too. If I can find any. I have Dixie cups so I'll try that too. But the stinky gym shorts I'm going to wrap as an Xmas gift.

Lots of running, he still loves his NASCAR races through the living room, into the kitchen, up the stairs and back down for another lap. I am pretty sure this is a relative of his...

When our house rabbit passed, we decided to buy a baby bunny. Actually we bought two babies that were bonded. It's a big change in life style at our house. Our previous bunny, elderly, was pretty calm and me and my wife and Bunny all enjoyed each others company. Now we have two 11 weeks old Flemish babies that are already the size of most normal rabbits. They sleep during the day and night. But at the morning and early evening, they just go bizerk with activity. Running, chasing each other, bouncing off the furniture, and chewing. We have two litter boxes in the house for them and card board boxes lined with hay for them to chew. It's really a chore to keep an eye out watching them. We don't want to leave them in the house unattended...we pen them when we leave the house. Our old rabbit, we'd leave her in the house unattended with no problem. We forgot that the young bunnies are so much more active and mischievious than the old bunnies. Our old bunny had excellent litter box manners and didn't, in her old age, chew anything.

Latest posts

Back